E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension upgrades

01-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
tryffis
Rep
Drives: 335CiA

Suspension upgrades

Hey guys, been around here for long, reading hundreds of great topics about our cars. Finally made an user and got some questions for myself.

My car is 07 335CiA, 160k km/100k miles on the meter.

About to upgrade handling and suspension pretty dramatically and taking in any tips about the right order to install these, and overall about this setup.

Shocks (koni yellow)
Springs (eibach pro-kit)
Lowering spring pads (hoping it wont be too much..?)
New oem tie rods
M3 front control arms, upper and lower
Front sway end links
Rear sway end links

Car is driven as dd, but only in the summer. (worthless in these icy potholed roads in Finland at winters)
Also some occasional trackdays.

Anything critical to add to this setup? Maybe next time ill be focusing to rear and maybe new sway bars and bushings.

I've planned to get all the parts for front struts and assemble everything ready on table. Maybe first remove tie rods and links, swap control arms and finally swap strut and install new tierods and links ? Just thinking since if i just remove everything it might get harder to assemble since there is nothing but brake hoses holding that carrier/hub.

Also with some models i know its really tough to press strut back inside the fender so might need to also take that into consideration..

Cheers //
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Meyle HD tie rods and sway bar end links instead of oem, cheaper and beefier.
No runflat tires? M3 rear subframe bushings along with M3/TRW front control arms noticeably tighten up the chassis/suspension.
You probably need new differential bushings too.
      01-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
tryffis
Rep
Drives: 335CiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Meyle HD tie rods and sway bar end links instead of oem, cheaper and beefier.
No runflat tires? M3 rear subframe bushings along with M3/TRW front control arms noticeably tighten up the chassis/suspension.
You probably need new differential bushings too.
I've read loads of negatives about meyle hd tie rods, some had to swap them after 6 months back to oe. Lemförder is oe manufacturer for rods and links and probably even cheaper than meyle hd.

Im running pss tires, and thinking about rear subframe bushings. Maybe just inserts due easier diy and DD.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryffis View Post
I've read loads of negatives about meyle hd tie rods, some had to swap them after 6 months back to oe. Lemförder is oe manufacturer for rods and links and probably even cheaper than meyle hd.

Im running pss tires, and thinking about rear subframe bushings. Maybe just inserts due easier diy and DD.
Oh? I'll keep an eye on mine then, thanks.

Whatever you can to increase the connection between the chassis and rear subframe, those OE's are awful under hard acceleration and cornering.