E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Tirerack suck ass!!!

02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #23
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Thumbs down

TR blows. Wheelworks pulled this shit on me a few weeks back when I was looking for hub rings. I have spent lots of $$ on tires over the years at this store...

"Can you get hub rings for my car?"
"Did you buy the rims from us?"
"No, but can I buy the rings from you?"
"No, but if you had, we can help".
"Whatever, click"

LMAO

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
mo wheels mo problems!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #25
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
blah blah blah.....they didn't help me with my questions, fine. i went out and found it myself. now, can you explain to me why they refuse to sell me the valve stem??? aren't they e90post vender?? aren't i an e90post member???
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #26
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

bad customer service in my opinion. and you see what the end result was, they lost a sale and possibly lost a customer for life. their company is suppose to be an expert in tires and wheels. you'd figure they'd help any potential customer (and past customers) with their tires and wheels needs, or any items associated with the two.

i'm not surprised though. i use to own an e34, and a lot of the aftermarket wheels have hubs made for the e39, which means you have to use hub centric rings. i got my hub centric rings from tirerack, and didn't run into any issues, probably because i ordered by their part number. but countless other e34 owners have run into problems, where basically tirerack asks if they bought the wheels from tirerack. if the owner's answer is no, tirerack would refuse the sale. they seem to have some type of weird policy.
      02-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #27
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Where's Gary? or is he only on the Bimmerfest forum? I think he owes us an explanation to this situation
      02-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMack View Post
well, of course you wouldn't... (they'd just go off joyriding-!! )

My point is essentially that you were being generic with the wheels and specific with the car make. If I bought an Ipod from Target I can't return it to WalMart (can I? ) He didn't buy at TR in SF and then seek help at TR in LA.... he didn't buy the rims at TR at all. Maybe he should call BBS?
Well wouldn't it make more sense to use the analogy of, let's say, a charger or headphones for an iPod? He wasn't trying to return the product to a different supplier he was asking questions and potentially buying another part needed for the product which they sold.

I do believe if I bought an iPod at Target, I could go to any other iPod vendor and ask a question and pick up some accessories with no problems.
      02-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #29
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMack View Post
well, of course you wouldn't... (they'd just go off joyriding-!! )

My point is essentially that you were being generic with the wheels and specific with the car make. If I bought an Ipod from Target I can't return it to WalMart (can I? ) He didn't buy at TR in SF and then seek help at TR in LA.... he didn't buy the rims at TR at all. Maybe he should call BBS?

It would've been charitable if TR HAD helped him with his issue, yes, I'll gladly say that, but to trash a vendor for something they aren't responsible for is not fair IMO.

Suppose some valve adaptors (and I don't know) don't work with some rims? Suppose he has more issues? Is it then Tire Rack's fault for perhaps selling him the wrong ones? What if they're not installed correctly and he has a blowout or something? I mean I dunno, I'm sorry that it all happened that way, but they didn't screw him over IMO at all, and don't deserve the headline either.

So far no one else agrees with me anyway, so hey.
Okay, seriously, what is the joyriding all about? Are you even talking to me, cause I am just so confused. What is that in response to?

Okay, forget my analogies. Here it is bottom line, after asking and searching, Long only wanted to buy valve stems from Tirerack. They didn't sell it to Long because the BBS LM were not purchase from Tirerack.

In my opinion alone, that is bad business. In my eyes, Tirerack has a very poor policy which I deem as a wrong policy for a business. So in my eyes, Tirerack is wrong in the way they do business. But I do not own or set their policy so it doesn't really matter. That is all I am saying, forget all the analogies and what not, in the end, Tirerack's policy lost them a customer and possibly other customers as well.

Bartmack, I really don't want to agrue the points and value in customer service anymore.

I honestly would like to see someone from Tirerack defend this policy and explain how this is good for their business because obviously if they think they have a monopoly on tires and wheels, they are sadly mistaken cause Long was able to secure the valve stems from someone else. If they don't want his business, thats fine, but I am almost certain that this kind of policy will only turn people away.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #30
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

i think i heard once that tirerack was sued and had to pay the claims cuz they lost. they didnt mount tires properly on someone's car and the tire fell off the wheel and the guy ended upd riving into a tree and totalling his car. tirerack had to pay for the damages. so if anything, this is a liabilty policy. if not, they are morons. who cares if long didnt buy the wheels from tirerack? thats like me going into a toys r us and trying to buy an adapter for my PSP and hearing "get lost, u didnt get the psp here, so no ac adapter for u!" wth?

and long, didnt u get the LM's from Hunter?
      02-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #31
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
All I can say is that it's a good thing I can still buy french fries at McDonald's because sometimes I buy hamburgers from In-N-Out.
      02-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #32
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
All I can say is that it's a good thing I can still buy french fries at McDonald's because sometimes I buy hamburgers from In-N-Out.
damn cali folk and their in-and-outs. ive only heard of em from cali friends, never ate there.
      02-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #33
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

if you ever come out to cali, in-n-out is a must!
      02-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #34
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
i think i heard once that tirerack was sued and had to pay the claims cuz they lost. they didnt mount tires properly on someone's car and the tire fell off the wheel and the guy ended upd riving into a tree and totalling his car. tirerack had to pay for the damages. so if anything, this is a liabilty policy. if not, they are morons. who cares if long didnt buy the wheels from tirerack? thats like me going into a toys r us and trying to buy an adapter for my PSP and hearing "get lost, u didnt get the psp here, so no ac adapter for u!" wth?

and long, didnt u get the LM's from Hunter?
i heard about this. but what liability do they have if they sold me just a valve stem???

i would like gary from tirerack to come in and explain this.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #35
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
damn cali folk and their in-and-outs. ive only heard of em from cali friends, never ate there.
You're not missing much. Average burgers.

I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't sell you a part. Home Depot will still sell me nails and they don't worry that the house I build with them will fall down. They don't seem to mind that I bought the wood that the nails are going into from Lowes either.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #36
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
i think i heard once that tirerack was sued and had to pay the claims cuz they lost. they didnt mount tires properly on someone's car and the tire fell off the wheel and the guy ended upd riving into a tree and totalling his car. tirerack had to pay for the damages. so if anything, this is a liabilty policy. if not, they are morons.
Maybe I don't get why a valve stem sale relates to liability issues? The issue again is if you didn't buy stuff from us, we won't help you. If Tirerack mounted and balanced the tires incorrectly, then I agree that they need to be held liable. But if they didn't do the work, how they be held accountable for someone else's actions?

Hahaha I guess I just want to understand badly how this Tirerack policy came about.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #37
NaTuReB0Y