Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Bridgestone Covered My Two Tires with Sidewall Bubbles

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
E90Eric
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i LCI

Bridgestone Covered My Two Tires with Sidewall Bubbles

I just bought a 2009 335i. After only 2,000 miles I noticed sidewall bubbles on both of my drivers side tires. I do not recall any potholes or hits to the wheels to cause them, the rims are in perfect condition still. I went to my local Bridgestone dealer, Discount Tire. They examined them and ruled them to be impact fractures. They contacted Bridgestone who offered me 50% off of two new tires since the mileage on my current ones was so low. I refused and began to tell Bridgestone why I felt the tire was defective. Tires go on roads, roads have bumps (the gist of my convo). In the end they comp'd both tires. I paid a total of $62 for installation and lifetime balancing. ONE THING TO NOTE. DISCOUNT TIRE WILL LET ANYONE BUY THEIR ROAD HAZARD INSURANCE WHICH IS AN ABSOLUTE REPLACEMENT POLICY. I WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE IT FOR ALL FOUR TIRES FOR $230. A little steep but I'll never have to worry about a bubble again.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Good info
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
bocoshack
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I had a similar experience with 2000 miles on my car. Both the passenger side tires (RE050's) on my 335 had bubbles. I hadn't hit anything, though i can't say the same for my wife I took it to the local Firestone shop who inspected and agreed to replace free of charge. After they got the tires off the car they determined that the bubbles were because of impact, though they still replaced them free of charge anyway. They also claimed that Bridgestone wanted the two tires back for failure analysis.

After all the horror stories i've heard about these tires, i was pleased to have such a decent experience ... i was prepared to have to pay something. I was shocked that it only ended up being $6.

--b.
Appreciate 0