E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Service Question Progman related.

06-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #23
tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

yeah, they wrote down my presets too and they re-entered them. paperwork also said they recalibrated doors and windows (?)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595 View Post
yeah, they wrote down my presets too and they re-entered them. paperwork also said they recalibrated doors and windows (?)
The dealer is supposed to do it here set #2 to flash a new progman.

II. Vehicle preparation
This section describes the preparation procedure for the vehicle, which has to be followed prior to any
programming or coding.
1.Park the vehicle where it is not in the way (programming may take up to 4 hours).
2.Windshield wipers must be unobstructed (they might be activated during programming).
3.All stored FM and AM stations must be noted.
4.All electrical consumers must be off.
5.Engine must be off and cooled down (trans oil < 85C).
6.E65 and E66: The fuel tank has to be filled up or the fuse “F73” in the fuse box in the
trunk has to be disconnected (programming of vehicles with less fuel can cause damage
to the fuel pump).
7.Approved battery charger must be attached and switched on.
8.The car must not be disturbed during programming (trunk lid, doors, windows, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #25
lablueboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

brought my car in for service yesterday, the exhaust was rattling and startup and when revved. the service guy told me that it has something to do with the wastegate, that they are going to reprogrammed my car. i'll get it back next week.. we'll see what happen..
Appreciate 0