E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Remote lock/unlock no longer works

11-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Remote lock/unlock no longer works

I very stupidly left my windows open last night which meant that the interior of my car got a good soaking. Unfortunately a possible side effect of this is that my central locking can no longer be activated remotely using either key. If I use the old fashioned key to get inside the alarm goes off until I put the key in the slot and then the car starts as normal. The central locking works fine from the switch in the centre of the dash.

I am trying to avoid a trip to the dealer but it looks like it may be my only option.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Hurrah! I managed to fix it. Tried again while the car was unlocked and door open to see if i could hear any clicks and it miraculously started to work???? The strange thing is that the drivers window went down even though I clicked lock??

Last night when I got home I bent over to take my shoes off and noticed the cars lights had come on because I had accidental pressed the unlock button. I looked out and locked the car. When I got up this morning both windows were open even though I don't think that I accidentally pressed the open button long enough for this to happen and I had not noticed it when I locked the car.

Also very strange is that all the radio settings are now recognised as well where as they weren't when the remote lock was not working.
Appreciate 0