E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Emaps 320D

02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Emaps 320D

Just a brief post to give some feedback on a recent remap that I've had done with Emaps. I've had an E91 320D M Sport for nearly 4.5 years now (163 bhp) and have been running as standard. I've really been fancying getting an F31 but can't justify/afford the cost, especially when looking at the 330D.

Anyway, I thought that I would eventually go ahead and get my old diesel chugger mapped. Went up to Scotland on Wednesday and met a really helpful guy called Farakh who works with Simon from Emaps. All told the process took just less than 2 hours which involved a health check before uploading the modified map.

Now since Wednesday I've been driving around Glasgow city center and as such haven't been able to give it a good test. My car is an auto and thankfully the behavior of the box at low revs and when tootling around in town is really smooth, smoother than before. I managed to do a longer run today when I drove home down to Durham and can't believe how much difference it's made. The car is supposed to be putting out IRO 200bhp with 400NM of torque and it certainly feels about right if not even better than that.

My car doesn't have a DPF but even so there appears to be little difference with regards to how much smoke comes out of the back end. On full throttle there is nothing noticeable.

All told the best money I've ever spent on a car, fantastic. Thanks Farakh and Emaps! The only problem now is that I'm thinking, wow how good must a mapped 330D/335D be!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Woody80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Exactly the same as my mate at work said after I roped him in on a deal with my 335d. He's chuffed as monkeys as well. Wasn't going to tell his wife but felt he had to as she'd definitely notice!
      02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
blackrabbit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F30 M Sport

I had mine done a few months back by Simon. The difference is amazing and Im sure you will be happy for many months to come
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody80 View Post
Exactly the same as my mate at work said after I roped him in on a deal with my 335d. He's chuffed as monkeys as well. Wasn't going to tell his wife but felt he had to as she'd definitely notice!
Woody, I imagine a mapped 335D must be insane. I can't believe a 320D can be so fast so god knows what your car is like. Unfortunately even though I'm nearly 45 now I would be too irresponsible to cope with that
Appreciate 0