E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Recommend a Body Shop in the Gwinnett area.

11-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
DanoG80Cx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3Cx  [10.00]
Recommend a Body Shop in the Gwinnett area.

Got rear ended yesterday which destroyed my rear bumper. I had an estimate done at United Collisions right away. They said bumper, diffuser and left muffler will need to be replaced.

Are they any good? I'd like to pay the difference and swap the stock exhaust for the Performance Exhaust and swap the standard M-tech diffuser to the one that came on the 335is. Shouldn't be a problem I would think, but I really do not want to pay MSRP on the parts since they are available for significantly less online.

Suggestions for a good shop or how to go about getting those upgrades?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
davidoh1989
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 335i Coupe

I got my car rear ended back in feb. of this year. I had a quote for $1000 just for the rear bumper from united collision. Honestly, I think it is best to just get it fixed at united collision, since they are certified BMW body shop. They do an amazing job, but they do charge more than other body shops.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

United does good work, I used them last year when someone backed into my E92 and the quarter+door had to be replaced. Price is higher, but they do offer lifetime paint match warranty and they are BMW certified so maybe that will help with resale. I would use them again, way more professional than other body shops (and I've used lots of body shops). They actually hit their deadlines. $5K+ in work on my car and they did it in 12 days which is exactly what they quoted me.

Compare that to Classic Collision in Buckhead which took 24 days to repair a broken control arm + flat tire from someone bumping my other car in the rain. Had to call them every day and the answer was always "it's almost done". $600 repair with no body damage that took almost a month. I could have bought the parts myself and would have if I didn't have to go through the other guy's insurance.

Only downside of United is that there is no option for aftermarket parts. So you can't get them to swap in MTech bumper or anything like that. Good friend of mine was one of the service managers there and he told me they couldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
DanoG80Cx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3Cx  [10.00]
I'm glad to hear that they do good work. I've been talking to one of the guys over there and he said they could do the performance exhaust and performance diffuser for me if I paid the difference. I can even have the parts shipped there to save money since the quote he gave me was significantly higher than what I found them for online.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
TrueLoyaltyInc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Get with Lucky auto body on pleasant hill and tell Joe that Rasheed sent you.. He will look out
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
CognitiveDistortion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Has anyone in the Fulton area tried Top Speed in Alpharetta? I've heard good things but wanted to get forum's take on them.
Appreciate 0