E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Know-It-Alls that are just ill informed

08-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
you can't tell me a Veyron has more value than a Hyundai can you?
Define "value."
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

People like that are not going to change their mind if you confront them directly. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, especially those kind of people. Next time just be like "hmm it's interesting that you said that? I don't know much about Acer but would love to know why you think it's the best computer in the world. If it was a car, what brand would you say it is?"

If he's like "Toyota" then you can say "even after all the recalls?". If he says "Hyundai" then you could say "well it's a good brand but many people don't consider it the best because it's not the largest or the most recognized brand." Shit like that will cause him to question himself. You could also ask him "so if money was no object you would buy an Acer?" I guarantee he's gonna stop and think about it in which case you should say "yeah that's what I fucking thought!!!" and then walk away.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
You sure he meant Acer or Asus? Because I can understand where he's coming from if it's Asus. I'm no know-it-all but I hear they make the good stuff for companies like Alienware.
I agree that Asus makes pretty good stuff from what I've seen and heard. Acer on the other hand, I personally would never buy one.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #26
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
you could of said a macbook is the best and watch him kill himself.
and I would have proceeded by killing myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
You sure he meant Acer or Asus? Because I can understand where he's coming from if it's Asus. I'm no know-it-all but I hear they make the good stuff for companies like Alienware.
nah it was Acer. He said it enough time to not get it wrong lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
lol this...and then as I'm walking away, I'll glance over my shoulder at him and give him my trollface
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Well to be honest, I don't think it's very fair that you used Alienware. Im pretty sure what he meant was "name me one laptop that can beat an acer in VALUE! I dare you!" but he is just retarded and worded it wrong.
well, I think Alienwares are pretty well priced compared to others.. you do get what you pay for so it has pretty good value.. to me at least.

Thanks for the replies guys