E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Retrofit: E90 335i with iDrive, Phone prep, Voice control, and USB



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #221
gazosnic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw m3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 555
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
I had posted the p/n for the connector couple posts above. The pin outs I have are not full diagram wire only to re-pin mic & Aux wiring. Your head unit now is what I believe handles the aux. When the mulf2 is added this unit now takes over the aux input and carries it back to the head unit via MOST. This is what happened when I did the install on my car. Even though I do not have the iDrive system; I suspect the same for your car as well.
PichaDis11 - so i tried to connect everything up. I coded 644 and 6Fl into the VO, but when i try to activate bluetooth it just keep thinking.

In NCS and tool32 it says cannot connect to ECU / Control Unit. Any idea what may be wrong? I directly used the PINs from the white to the Blue (seems to have power as i see the red MOST light up on the MULF).

Not sure what is messed up that wont let me communicate to the MULF? Is it incorrect MOST cable or likely a PIN in the MULF connector block?

Any additional insights appreciated.
gazosnic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #222
PichaDis11
Captain
 
PichaDis11's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 797
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
I had posted the p/n for the connector couple posts above. The pin outs I have are not full diagram wire only to re-pin mic & Aux wiring. Your head unit now is what I believe handles the aux. When the mulf2 is added this unit now takes over the aux input and carries it back to the head unit via MOST. This is what happened when I did the install on my car. Even though I do not have the iDrive system; I suspect the same for your car as well.
PichaDis11 - so i tried to connect everything up. I coded 644 and 6Fl into the VO, but when i try to activate bluetooth it just keep thinking.

In NCS and tool32 it says cannot connect to ECU / Control Unit. Any idea what may be wrong? I directly used the PINs from the white to the Blue (seems to have power as i see the red MOST light up on the MULF).

Not sure what is messed up that wont let me communicate to the MULF? Is it incorrect MOST cable or likely a PIN in the MULF connector block?

Any additional insights appreciated.
Most likely the MOST cable setup. There's a PDF floating around with the directions to retrofit from BMW but that didn't work for me. You might have to reconfigure it yourself to include the mulf2 on the loop.
When the loop isn't closed I could hear faint cut outs in my speakers.
__________________
08 E90- 6FL Retrofit. new features by coding.
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #223
gazosnic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw m3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 555
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Most likely the MOST cable setup. There's a PDF floating around with the directions to retrofit from BMW but that didn't work for me. You might have to reconfigure it yourself to include the mulf2 on the loop.
When the loop isn't closed I could hear faint cut outs in my speakers.
So i got the MULF all setup w the phone now. But when i try to place a call... there is no audio over the speakers? Any clue what could be going on?
gazosnic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #224
PichaDis11
Captain
 
PichaDis11's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 797
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
So i got the MULF all setup w the phone now. But when i try to place a call... there is no audio over the speakers? Any clue what could be going on?
No clue here man. Can see phone volume setting and such in idrive?
PichaDis11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #225
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant
 
kerkiraios00's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Queens,NY

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazd View Post
Hey there,
I was in the same situation until I switched the pins behind the glovebox. Make sure you've done that, as well as switched the pins in the connector in the trunk. The instructions for this are in the guide, so go through and verify you did it correctly.

Good luck!
Hey I'm doing it now as we speak and slot one for the yellow wire is taken?? So what do I do now?
kerkiraios00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #226
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant
 
kerkiraios00's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Queens,NY

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

I also wanna add that I have and adapter from mike benvo bc I installed a combox? I don't know if that makes a difference? I will post pics of what I got
kerkiraios00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #227
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant
 
kerkiraios00's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Queens,NY

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Never mind I figured it out.. All I did though was switch the wires in the glove compartment I didn't have to touch the ones in the trunk.. Thank for the help anyway guys..
kerkiraios00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #228
kboretti
Enlisted Member
 
kboretti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i sedan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Does this Bluetooth solution support audio streaming? Or is it phone calls only?
kboretti is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #229
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,526
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboretti View Post
Does this Bluetooth solution support audio streaming? Or is it phone calls only?
Phone only.
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #230
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
 
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Ok so I have these :

S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S640A AUTOTELEFONVORBEREITUNG Preparation f tel.installation universal
S672A CD WECHSLER 6-FACH CD changer for 6 CDs
S677A HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL HiFi System Professional DSP
S693A SATELLITENTUNER VORBEREITUNG Preparation BMW satellite radio

What else do I need ? How do I look to see if I have the module in trunk or not ?
datbimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #231
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,526
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgill420 View Post
Hi ... I'm new on the forums, just got a 2007 335i, It came with navigation, bluetooth, can only be used with phone call, and aux input. I wanted to get the Bluetooth audio working, if anyone can point me to where to get the Bluetooth Antena, as I'm assuming I should be able to use this guide to setup my bluetooth audio. The wiring is already there due to the bluetooth being setup for Phone use already. thanks
You have 6FL, not a combox. Search those two terms for more details, but tl;dr you're out of luck for streaming audio.

Your best bet is this thing. http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000.../dp/B00B52LLJ6

Far cheaper than any good aftermarket streaming options or combox retrofit, and works exactly like a wireless Y cable.
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #232
rgill420
Registered
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Thank you for replying. I was searching some other posts and came across the following thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537592

It seems like patrys at bimmertech got this job done. I sent a PM, lets hope something is possible.



Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
You have 6FL, not a combox. Search those two terms for more details, but tl;dr you're out of luck for streaming audio.

Your best bet is this thing. http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000.../dp/B00B52LLJ6

Far cheaper than any good aftermarket streaming options or combox retrofit, and works exactly like a wireless Y cable.
rgill420 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #233
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey guys, quick question. I seem to have all the pre wiring in my car. So I ordered the BT antenna and should be coming in tomorrow. However, I wanted to get the coding done before I do the install since I have a chance to. Question is, if I get the coding done, what do I lose? from my original options, Will VC still work? 6fl still work? Just BT option will appear but not be able to use?

I have all the options as the OP.
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #234
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,526
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
Hey guys, quick question. I seem to have all the pre wiring in my car. So I ordered the BT antenna and should be coming in tomorrow. However, I wanted to get the coding done before I do the install since I have a chance to. Question is, if I get the coding done, what do I lose? from my original options, Will VC still work? 6fl still work? Just BT option will appear but not be able to use?

I have all the options as the OP.
If you're prewired and the only thing you're missing is the BT antenna, you won't lose anything, everything should work, and in fact, even without the antenna you should still be able to pair your phone and make calls (but quality and reliability of the BT connection to the phone may suffer noticeably - probably best to put your phone in the center of the back seat to test).

If you've already got VC, there IS a chance you need to repin the mic from the CIC to the MULF, which is done in the junction box behind the glovebox (I know nothing more about this).
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #235
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
If you're prewired and the only thing you're missing is the BT antenna, you won't lose anything, everything should work, and in fact, even without the antenna you should still be able to pair your phone and make calls (but quality and reliability of the BT connection to the phone may suffer noticeably - probably best to put your phone in the center of the back seat to test).

If you've already got VC, there IS a chance you need to repin the mic from the CIC to the MULF, which is done in the junction box behind the glovebox (I know nothing more about this).
Thanks man. But now I'm even more confused. So I have mulf2. VC and phone prep. Haven't checked yet in the trunk for antenna wire (But i'm pretty sure I have it). Do I still need to repin the stuff in the mulf side? Or just plug in antenna? And possibly the rewire by fusebox.
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #236
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
If you're prewired and the only thing you're missing is the BT antenna, you won't lose anything, everything should work, and in fact, even without the antenna you should still be able to pair your phone and make calls (but quality and reliability of the BT connection to the phone may suffer noticeably - probably best to put your phone in the center of the back seat to test).

If you've already got VC, there IS a chance you need to repin the mic from the CIC to the MULF, which is done in the junction box behind the glovebox (I know nothing more about this).
So I actually attempted to do the coding myself and just try and see if I can set everything up and get it going. I actually got it done. However, the menu and pairing option shows up on idrive but when I scan on my phone, it doesn't show up. I guess I need that antenna. I'll know tomorrow when it comes in. If the menu shows up, that means the coding is done right correct? And all I need to do is install antenna and move some wires around, etc?

Edit: I just found out that the mic doesn't work when I try voice command. I guess I do have to rewire the mic behind the fusebox?
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #237
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,526
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
So I actually attempted to do the coding myself and just try and see if I can set everything up and get it going. I actually got it done. However, the menu and pairing option shows up on idrive but when I scan on my phone, it doesn't show up. I guess I need that antenna. I'll know tomorrow when it comes in. If the menu shows up, that means the coding is done right correct? And all I need to do is install antenna and move some wires around, etc?

Edit: I just found out that the mic doesn't work when I try voice command. I guess I do have to rewire the mic behind the fusebox?
Yes, probably. Either that or run a Mic cable. I've only ever done the latter.
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #238
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ok guys, Just just finished the the BT retrofit in my car and everything is working great! Big thanks to Lazd for this DIY! For those with e93's the wiring is a bit different so thought I'd share.

Big Thanks to Joe aka jdj for helping me get this finished. Really appreciated it!

So first off, I have all the same options as Lazd. In the e93, the wires you need from the tcu (white) is yellow (slot 1), black (slot 19) and BROWN (slot 21). You won't see the clear wire as suggested from the original diy. Remove those and insert into same slots of the ulf.

Next is switching the microphone wires in the front. The white connector for the microphone wire is NOT located next to the fusebox behind the glovebox. It is located behind the radio tucked away to the left. (Credit to jdj for figuring this out).

Remove the radio. This is real easy. Pull out heater control (it just pulls out), pull out radio trim (pulls out as well), then the radio is exposed. It's held down by 4 screws (2 on each side). Unplug all the connectors from the radio (black harness, blue antenna wire, video cable, and I believe there were 2 other small ones...can't remember). Once you pull out the radio, locate the white connectors tucked away down and to the left (next to the side wall where the radio is housed). It looks exactly like the picture lazd has up. It's really tucked in there and tied down. I couldn't even see it. I had to feel for it and then disconnect the male end.

Once you disconnect the male part of the white connector, you'll see yellow wire (slot 1), black wire (slot 2), gray wire (slot 3), black and white wire (slot 4), brown and black wire (slot 5), slot 6 & 7 empty, green wire (slot 8), yellow and black wire (slot 9), gray wire (slot 10).

The slot 1,2,3 is sheathed together and slot 8,9,10 is sheathed together. I removed those 6 wires and switched the places (1,2,3 into 8,9,10 respectively and 8,9,10 into 1,2,3 slot). I'm assuming one group is for VC and the other is for BT.

Plug everything back in, code it and you're done!

Keep in mind that I had VC and already had a mic. If you don't have vc and need to install the mic, the mic goes into the top of the steering wheel column. Plug in the connector that's not used, and when you go to rewire the white connector in the radio housing, you should only see 3 wires. (yellow, black and brown). See how the wiring in connected on the female side and just repin the male connector so the colors line up with the female. (This is how Lazd said he did his)

One trick I suggest since it's difficult to get that female connector out to see how it's wired, pull back as much of the black fabric tape holding it in place so that the wires connected to the female side are exposed. Stick your phone into the radio housing and take a picture (position the female connector as necessary to get a good visual).

No need to add a set of wires and route all the way back to the trunk.

Hope this is understandable and helps the e93'ers that were stuck like I was.
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #239
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,526
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
No need to add a set of wires and route all the way back to the trunk.
Only if your car is prewired! Though it's good to know that's the case if you are.
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #240
WRichieX
Captain
 
WRichieX's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 903
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
Only if your car is prewired! Though it's good to know that's the case if you are.
Oh yea. forgot to mention that
__________________

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #241
barton37
Registered
 
Drives: 2010 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WI

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,

My first post here but I have been following this thread for a very long time. I was able to successfully code my car (2010 335xi 6MT) and install the BT antenna. Phone pairs perfectly but I am not able to respond to people when they call me.

My car is not prewired but does have a microphone for Voice Control. I will need to run a new wire from the MULF2 in the trunk to the microphone. Any suggestions on what type of wire I should use and what will be the easiest thing to tuck into the headliner/pillars?

I found this: http://www.mouser.com/Wire-Cable/Mul...yyyzimZ1z0t1rp but any other recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also what type of connectors would I need to attach to the ends of the cable?

I really appreciate all the hard work and time you guys have put into researching this. I am so close to having OEM BT that it hurts!
barton37 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST