E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Car alarm goes off when locking.

03-09-2022, 11:45 PM   #1
stevemv
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i w/M Sport

Smile Car alarm goes off when locking.

Hi, I have a 2012 e92 328i. I have been having this issue for a couple of months now. It started intermittently and is quite frequent now. I can't find a similar issue on the forums so if you have any recs, I'd appreciate it! When I lock the car (using the key fob or the actual key), the car starts beeping several times (as opposed to the usual 2 times to confirm it's locked) for 6-10 seconds, and then the car alarm goes off which is quite annoying. I then unlock it (again either using the fob or physical key) to stop the annoying alarm. I repeat this several times and sometimes I luck out and it locks normally and in other times I give up and leave it unlocked after which it then proceeds to lock automatically in a few minutes. Any ideas to tackle this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 12:53 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you need to read errors
but first thing which is give false alarms is hood switch