E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Off the line response with Cobb tune

02-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #23
Johnny Boost
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
the Alpina flash does not impact throttle response from a dig. It provides a different downshift logic, an automatic shift point 100 RPM higher, DS mode shifting into 6th, and a D mode programmed for fuel economy.

I personally hated it. I switched to the "Sport" transmission program and that was more to my liking.
What were the main differences between Alpina TCU vs "sport"?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #24
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
the Alpina flash does not impact throttle response from a dig. It provides a different downshift logic, an automatic shift point 100 RPM higher, DS mode shifting into 6th, and a D mode programmed for fuel economy.

I personally hated it. I switched to the "Sport" transmission program and that was more to my liking.
What "Sport" transmission program are you talking about? The one in the Cobb tuner?

If so, that'll be installed when I reinstall my Cobb Sport map BUT, if not, FWIW, IMO, the Alpina flash beats the hell out of the stock BMW AT program. I'll just be curious to see how the Cobb Sport map changes what the Alpina AT flash has done and, if I don't like the changes, I may uninstall the Cobb map (and sell the Cobb AP3) and just use the BMW PPK Stage 1 flash (that's my stock config) w/the Alpina AT flash instead.

Frankly, the PPK1 flash is all I really need and the Cobb Sport map is just excess. So, I'd be happy to get $5-600 back on the Cobb AP3, which'll pay for other things that I want for my 335i.

Last edited by SSW; 02-19-2014 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0