E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment Guru's - Please Give Your Input

04-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
sle39lvr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328i

Alignment Guru's - Please Give Your Input

Other than specified alignment specs, you can always push a little more to get more out of your car. For example, when I used to have a FWD car, having front wheels toe'd-out (- Toe) a little would give a little more steering feel and nicer turn-in.

Soon enough I will be replacing tires in my non-Sport E90, and I would like to get some more info on how it is in a RWD car and how it is with this particular chassis set up. I got the dealer agreed so I can give them numbers for the alignment, which should be within range (in green-zone).

Front Toe - Toe-in is better for RWD? I guess Toe-in is 'positive toe'?
Target is +0º07' with -0º06'//+0º06' range.
What could be best here?

Front Camber - More - camber is better without having to have the inside of tires wear out? Better turn-on also?
Target is -0º18' with -0º30'//+0º30' range.
What could be best here?

Rear Toe - This, I have no idea. I want to believe 0 is better?
Target is +0º09' with -0º06'//+0º06' range.

Rear Camber - I guess more - chamber here gives more tractions in corners for rear? However, inside of my rear tires are wearing out faster even with alignment within spec. So minimum negative would be better?
Target is -1º30' with -0º25'//+0º25' range.

I got the target and range data from my last alignment sheet that was done at the dealership... If it's incorrect for some reason, please let me know...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
sle39lvr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328i

So far I found out that toe in is better up front AND in the back...
Appreciate 0