E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX V4 throws errors when xenons are on

06-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

LUX V4 throws errors when xenons are on

My Lux V4 throws codes a few seconds after I turn on the xenon headlights. The Lux V3 doesn't have this problem.

When xenons are not turned on, they are fine.

But when turn them on, I get CC-iD 378 and 379 (H8 angel eyes error). The Lux will turn off as a result of this, and I don't get the DRL angel eyes lit up until I turn off the car and restart.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Pins are fully plugged in (did it again to ensure), and it shouldn't be a problem with the installation since it is happening on both sides all the time. My car is a E92 coupe 2007, and as I understand from the Lux website, this could potentially throw errors, but it never mentioned them turning off. What confuses me most is the fact that the V3 works perfectly fine.

Other than this, the V4 is an excellent product.

Last edited by samchoi604; 06-25-2013 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

This is something that we have found out about and we list these as incompatible on our website. We are sorry that you are having problems so please e-mail me at Sales@LuxAngelEyes.com and we can arrange for a return for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Reckless

more problems for LUX...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

If I code my car to disable the bulb check, will that fix the problem?

I am reluctant to return these unless LUX can also return the custom fees paid at the border.... Really these are great lights, would be sad to see them go. I sold my V3 already too.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
914kid
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZROFCKSGVN View Post
more problems for LUX...
Seriously, why do you have to be so rude? 29 posts and acting like your a badass on the forum. We have determined that this year car is not compatible and have listed this on our website once we knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchoi604 View Post
If I code my car to disable the bulb check, will that fix the problem?

I am reluctant to return these unless LUX can also return the custom fees paid at the border.... Really these are great lights, would be sad to see them go. I sold my V3 already too.
This might resolve the issue, however we problem lies more with the footwell module being different and i'm not sure if coding will have any affect on that.

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 06-25-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #7
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
This might resolve the issue, however we problem lies more with the footwell module being different and i'm not sure if coding will have any affect on that.
Is there something I can do to make the V4 mimic the V3 in terms of circuitry? I'm not afraid of splicing and soldering in a new resistor. I'm just looking for a solution, and I agree that some people can be quite rude here.

Thanks Lux.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is there something I can do to make the V4 mimic the V3 in terms of circuitry? I'm not afraid of splicing and soldering in a new resistor. I'm just looking for a solution, and I agree that some people can be quite rude here.

Thanks Lux.
responded directly in e-mail to you. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Seriously, why do you have to be so rude? 29 posts and acting like your a badass on the forum. We have determined that this year car is not compatible and have listed this on our website once we knew.
29 posts on THIS profile, ive been on the forum for about 4 yrs now.

im rude because I said 3 words "more problems for lux"? Dont get mad at me because your products continue to have problems not just this one. I have been around the forum for a while and provide people with helpful responses and honest opinions where asked. Not on this 29 post profile but on several other thousand posts so no im not rude for stating the truth, you kind of are for saying i think im a "badass".

Im not sure what you categorize as a "badass" or "rude" but i thought it was my right as a consumer to be as opinionated as i want over a product, good or bad. Oh and for the record Lux has some great products, although highly priced as a consumer of your products on my m3, my 330 and a z4 i have now gotten rid of I have justified it by its great quality, until as of recently so I guess I am a "rude badass" if that means stating my honest opinion on a public forum..just like in past instances I have shared my positive experiences on my other profiles..

I guess if i cant say anything good i might as well not say anything or im "rude" and pretending to be a "badass" smh

Last edited by ZROFCKSGVN; 06-26-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
Johnny5star84
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i SE 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
This is something that we have found out about and we list these as incompatible on our website. We are sorry that you are having problems so please e-mail me at Sales@LuxAngelEyes.com and we can arrange for a return for you.
Will the issue be the same for all 2007 E92 coupes? Your website states:
*** Please Note: Early build 2007 Coupes might not be compatible and will not work.

My coupe has a November 2007 build date.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5star84 View Post
*** Please Note: Early build 2007 Coupes might not be compatible and will not work.

Even if they said "yes" would you believe them? OP paid $259 to find out because the problem wasn't first acknowledged.

I would wait for LUX to sort through this and find a solution first. Seems like a definite show stopper if you can't even turn on your xenon lites.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
Johnny5star84
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i SE 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory
Quote:

Even if they said "yes" would you believe them? OP paid $259 to find out because the problem wasn't first acknowledged.

I would wait for LUX to sort through this and find a solution first. Seems like a definite show stopper if you can't even turn on your xenon lites.

You're right!

I've been on the fence about whether to go for the Lux V3 or wait to see if they find a solution to the V4 issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #13
ZROFCKSGVN
Hi Hater
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory View Post

RUDE!

Quote:
You're right!

I've been on the fence about whether to go for the Lux V3 or wait to see if they find a solution to the V4 issue.
RUDE!

you guys need to stop going around acting like badasses and being so rude, calling Lux out on their issues and whatnot lol

jk

On a serious note i was going to go with the v4s on my m3 but this along with the whole heat spot and other issues they seem to been having is gonna force me to pass it up, shame since the whole adjust ability thing seemed like a great feature
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

OP
You can get the Corona ring error unchecked by coding and problem should be resolved. Done on many cars with all sort of bulbs and aftermarket shit.

AFAIK, V4 allows you to change the colour of the halo rings.

Other than that, there are many products which are far better (in terms of quality and brigtness) than Lux products. No offence to anybody or Lux vendor. But if you sell something in the market be prepared to have opposition and comments from all sort of people.

I bought H8 from the Germany and my friend has V3. Mine is way brighter than his and he had to pay custom as well. So in my case, my H8 is win win as I live in UK and no custome charges if I buy from Europe.

Well, if I am classed as rude on this comment, then let it be.

Its clear from the post above that the representative from the LUX does not know how to deal with criticism / comments.

But despite of all that, your products will still be sold and you are Vendor on this forum. Good luck!
      06-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry, something came into my mind.
If you get the errors only if xenons are on, then LEDs are not getting the proper voltage.
When you turn on the xenon, FRM reduce the amount of the current going to LEDs to 9V. The purpose is that they do not destruct the people during the night.

For OP, ask any advance coder to
- uncheck the halo ring check
- increase the voltage going to halo ring when xenonx are on. You can increase it upto 17V with coding but 13.8 seems to be safe option.

All the best.
      06-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
If you get the errors only if xenons are on, then LEDs are not getting the proper voltage.
When you turn on the xenon, FRM reduce the amount of the current going to LEDs to 9V. The purpose is that they do not destruct the people during the night.

- increase the voltage going to halo ring when xenonx are on. You can increase it upto 17V with coding but 13.8 seems to be safe option.

All the best.
Thank you man!

I will give that a try. Finally a possible solution
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
DrewG13
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
OP
You can get the Corona ring error unchecked by coding and problem should be resolved. Done on many cars with all sort of bulbs and aftermarket shit.

AFAIK, V4 allows you to change the colour of the halo rings.

Other than that, there are many products which are far better (in terms of quality and brigtness) than Lux products. No offence to anybody or Lux vendor. But if you sell something in the market be prepared to have opposition and comments from all sort of people.

I bought H8 from the Germany and my friend has V3. Mine is way brighter than his and he had to pay custom as well. So in my case, my H8 is win win as I live in UK and no custome charges if I buy from Europe.

Well, if I am classed as rude on this comment, then let it be.

Its clear from the post above that the representative from the LUX does not know how to deal with criticism / comments.

But despite of all that, your products will still be sold and you are Vendor on this forum. Good luck!
Could you please post up or PM me what H8 you got? Any pics of the two? I've been looking at LUX but it is a bit pricey.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #18
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

All the best.
Unfortunately, this did not solve my problem.

I disabled the Angel Eye check using NCSExpert, but it didn't do anything.

I could not increase the voltage going to the Angel Eye when xenons are on, and could not disable dimming when xenons are on either, because those options are only available in the NFRM module, which my car doesn't have (NFRM is not listed as an ECU module).

Looks like I'm out of luck with V4.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG13 View Post
Could you please post up or PM me what H8 you got? Any pics of the two? I've been looking at LUX but it is a bit pricey.
Sorry, saw your message today.
will post it when I am at home.
      07-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, this did not solve my problem.

I disabled the Angel Eye check using NCSExpert, but it didn't do anything.

I could not increase the voltage going to the Angel Eye when xenons are on, and could not disable dimming when xenons are on either, because those options are only available in the NFRM module, which my car doesn't have (NFRM is not listed as an ECU module).

Looks like I'm out of luck with V4.
I had FRM1 previously and I had increased the voltage on that. It is not well known on the forum as not many people have done it.

But if you search the lines, they are there my friend.

Then I moved to FRM2 and FRM3. All of them have lines to increase the voltage. You use netodat coding for that.

HTH.
      07-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I had FRM1 previously and I had increased the voltage on that. It is not well known on the forum as not many people have done it.

But if you search the lines, they are there my friend.

Then I moved to FRM2 and FRM3. All of them have lines to increase the voltage. You use netodat coding for that.

HTH.
Cool, I will investigate into that. I did see the word 'netodat' thrown around but had no idea what it was.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #22
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG13 View Post

These are mine.

They are not cheap, but worth of every penny.
Cost me around 150 euro. If interested, shoot me a pm and I will tell you the vendor.