E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 60k service

08-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
vmodi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

60k service

I have the extended warranty purchased and am coming up to 60k miles.
When I took it to the dealer (BMW Encinitas) a while back they mentioned that there is "NO 60k service anymore" and they just service based on what the computer tells them to perform. And currently my computer only shows a brake fluid flush at 60k.

This seems shady. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Ideally I thought that at 60k they would perform the BMW Service II. Is that not the case anymore?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Correct, service is controlled by what the computer (CBS) states. If you plan on keeping it for awhile then I would follow what Mike Miller recommends. Do a search and I think if you email him he will send you what service is needed.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
BriMc
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

Thats funny, cause I was just at the dealer for a repair, and he told me to come back in at 60k for the 60k service. I don't have extended maint, I guess when they are paying there is no 60k, but if you are paying they tell you to get it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

^ and that is why they are called stealerships.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Kodak
The Law
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi, 4dr, Alpine

Check what it says on your extended warranty, that's what you purchased and whatever its says in it is what your entitled to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmodi View Post
I have the extended warranty purchased and am coming up to 60k miles.
When I took it to the dealer (BMW Encinitas) a while back they mentioned that there is "NO 60k service anymore" and they just service based on what the computer tells them to perform. And currently my computer only shows a brake fluid flush at 60k.

This seems shady. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Ideally I thought that at 60k they would perform the BMW Service II. Is that not the case anymore?

Thanks in advance.