E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > I've been busy

05-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

I've been busy

And I'm still driving this beauty...

2 years and no clay bar. I must be doing something right.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Update to my mods list. CF Wing, Color Matched Front Reflectors, and now the CF wrapped interior trim.

Some of you might remember I did my interior trim in Ford Sonic Blue as it was the closest rattle can I could match to the Montego Blue exterior color.
See Below (pic is from Wuste 2011):

After a year, its been wearing off and chipping like a mofo due to the terrible quality of the clear coat I used. So rather than redo it AGAIN the same way as before, I decided to fix it with Carbon Fiber Fabric because it emulates the ///M leather interior. Whole interior took something like 6 hours to complete, start to finish in one day. Total pain in the ass to do but $80 for the fabric plus the spray adhesive vs $1300 for the real deal from the factory, you tell me if it was worth it.

Anyone considering doing this over the vinyl wrap (because it IS better, trust me on that), be PATIENT. It takes time and shouldn't be rushed otherwise it'll turn out like crap. If you can manage to take your time, it'll look and feel a lot better than the vinyl sticker garbage.

Here's the product itself, I got 2 yards of the Matte Charcoal to match the ///M Leather as close as possible. http://www.pyspeed.com/Carbon-Fiber-...-p/rd-8001.htm
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0