E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT scan of E90 335 with JB+ (code thrown)

03-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #67
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
BMW THIS! You don't want a technical discussion to take place?
You not going to turn this on me.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #68
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
It would be nicer if everyone could just debate on a technical level instead of getting all personal/off topic with things.

Shiv
+1 I agree but debate respectfully...alot can be learned from both tuners if there was no bickering back and forth...
      03-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #69
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Heres a good one for jpsimon and shiv. Personally my favorite one today.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/19/tom-hanks-flips-out/
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #70
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
this mod isnt doing too well invisibility wise. I had one at max boost but im pre 29.2. Its a fun Mod.
How do you know you are pre 29.2?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #71
runningman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SP

Quote:
Also, the only reason you see me participating more in BMS/JB3 threads than PROcede threads is because there is more misinformation in them. Just look at them. And I'm a sucker for squashing misinformation when I see it. I know this bothers you and others at times. And for that, I'm sorry. We love educated customers (even if they are not ours). And we love it when they question us. Just makes the exchange of info more beneficial to everyone.

Shiv
The problem with the above is you're not educated on these products, and much of what you spout off is an uneducated guess at guest. The IAT example Mike cited above is an example of this, and there are many other examples, some of which I've quoted before.

Really, the issue is that people look at your statements as having some basis in reality when often it's garbage. We shouldn't blame you. You may not know any better. We should be blaming the people that read your ramblings and take them for fact IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #72
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW THIS! View Post
Heres a good one for jpsimon and shiv. Personally my favorite one today.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/19/tom-hanks-flips-out/
Who are you really?

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #73
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
BMW THIS! You don't want a technical discussion to take place?
Get F'n real. The technical discussion is nothing but a guise to diminish another product.

Go look at the PNW Dyno thread to realize how opportunistic Shiv is when he thinks it suits him even though a stock car had similar low performance and one new guy on the dyno ran the wrong map, but he choose to single out the JB output.

Go look at Scalbert's testing thread on how we had about 30pages of timing discussion to come realize that holy shit the PROcede rides the knock sensor as well during adaption - and now there is no technical discussion left to be had since it isn't in his favor.

I'll refer you to HotRod's various tune only record posts and the whole 'he's running NOS' accusations he hasn't blink an eye to apologize after HotRod drove 500+ miles to shut his ass up.

You still want to flag-wave his technical analysis? Please. You're becoming as transparent to identify as Shiv himself.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #74
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman View Post
The problem with the above is you're not educated on these products, and much of what you spout off is an uneducated guess at guest. The IAT example Mike cited above is an example of this, and there are many other examples, some of which I've quoted before.

Really, the issue is that people look at your statements as having some basis in reality when often it's garbage. We shouldn't blame you. You may not know any better. We should be blaming the people that read your ramblings and take them for fact IMHO.
Again. A lot of talk. But not much info. Please re-read the IAT example you refer too. I said "if" the JB+ adjusts IAT, not that it does. Then I asked Mike if he was sure when he said it didn't. Because historically, he has passed along inaccurate info from Terry without verifying it first himself. I can post examples if you'd like. Maybe you can do the same with regards to my ramblings and we can compare notes?

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #75
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Again. A lot of talk. But not much info. Please re-read the IAT example you refer too. I said "if" the JB+ adjusts IAT, not that it does. Then I asked Mike if he was sure when he said it didn't. Because historically, he has passed along inaccurate info from Terry without verifying it first himself. I can post examples if you'd like. Maybe you can do the same with regards to my ramblings and we can compare notes?

Shiv
Don't bother dude.. you've accomplished what you wanted. You made an insinuation based on crap to derail a thread..

No sweat tho - folks are being more vocal and chiming in realizing your antics. Look in the mirror and say "I'm important, I'm special, and gosh darn it I'm technical so people like me!"
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #76
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Who are you really?
My name is Megatron, leader of Decepticons
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #77
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #78
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Yeah I thought that was pretty funny too.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #79
runningman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SP

Quote:
Again. A lot of talk. But not much info... I can post examples if you'd like. Maybe you can do the same with regards to my ramblings and we can compare notes?
Sigh, OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
What "boost algorithms" are there when only boost and IAT signals are available to the processor?
From:http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=27

Quote:
It really doesn't do much in the way of logic since it can only read and modify two signals (MAP and IAT).
From:http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=31

So first, according to your posts, the JB+ has no capability for boost logic.

Quote:
The problem you are seeing with the jb+ is caused by two things:

1) The slew rate that Terry is using for MAP attenutation

2) The recent rise in ambient temps. I'm guessing most testing was done in the winter. There is a scalar miscalculation when you apply a global non-RPM dependant MAP trim that brings you a few steps closer to the tripping the manipulation code. Closer than you once thought, at least. The SSTT didn't have this problem since it was a passive device that just applied a straight MAP signal trim independant of IAT or time under boost.
From:http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=31

Then just a few posts later not only does it have capability for logic, the problem is really that the logic is all wrong. So Mike@N54tuning has to come in and correct you. Again. Really though, can we blame you? You're just a guy trying to make ends meet. I'm willing to accept you just are ignorant to the facts here and doing your best to try to help. The real mistake is for anyone to read your posts and accept them as anything other than your personally biased conjecture.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #80
Septro
Banned
Rep

Good job runningman - now watch his thread participation die on the vine as usual. He's got a modus operandi where it looks like this:

a. Someone posts something JB related
b. Shiv posts technical yappity-yap (mostly obfuscation, rarely true)
c. Folks refute, tell him to get out
d. He emo-posts about 'Can't we all be technical?' and 'Show me where I'm wrong'
e. Evidence is posted
f. Shiv goes back to item a.

Look familiar??
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #81
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Yes so why not stop him once and for all?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #82
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Yes so why not stop him once and for all?

do you need medication?

You can and will not stop the strongest vendor on this site and the pinnacle leader of N54 tuning from technical debate in his own turf. Stop trying "that guy"

Prozac does wonders.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #83
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Wow that says it all. You guys are fools. A pinnacle leader of being an asshole. Strongest vendor? Why dont you tell all the other vendors that! Remember the strength is in numbers you retard!

btw, does shivs dick really taste that good?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #84
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 Legacy GT

I see it as him getting fed up with arguing and having better things to do. I understand this as most of the time i just don't reply and simply comment to myself, "wtf is wrong with poeple?!?" Looks like i'll be going back to that philosophy...
      03-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #85
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Wow that says it all. You guys are fools. A pinnacle leader of being an asshole. Strongest vendor? Why dont you tell all the other vendors that! Remember the strength is in numbers you retard!

btw, does shivs dick really taste that good?
You can post your issues, but you ain't helpin the cause with that kinda stuff tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #86
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesGr8 View Post
I see it as him getting fed up with arguing and having better things to do. I understand this as most of the time i just don't reply and simply comment to myself, "wtf is wrong with poeple?!?" Looks like i'll be going back to that philosophy...
Dont let the door hit you in the ass fruitcake.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #87
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

Quote:
Dont let the door hit you in the ass fruitcake.
Dude seriously...chill out...just ignore it and leave it alone
      03-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #88
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
You can post your issues, but you ain't helpin the cause with that kinda stuff tho.
I guess you failed to see if I gave a shit. I am sick of the bickering. or the trying to one up BMS. Its old.
Appreciate 0