E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Evolution of this forum

05-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #23
KWA VaTech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I agree

Like I stated before...the N54 is still too expensive to risk blowing up. In a few years when warranties are gone and 335s become more affordable you will see an influx of new parts....hopefully
To me, you have to wait until the car gets under say 25k to start hitting those HS/college guys who only care about power numbers. When you do that you will see the huge turbos ect start making their way to market. If a single turbo came out right now for the 335, how many people would truly be throwing it on their car still under warranty? There just isn’t the market to do such right now, it will come though.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #24
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Where is this Single turbo kit that we're supposed to put in our cars? Oh I'm sure you'll be one of the first to put it on whenever it becomes available.
I'll PM you so you can continue your personal attacks in private to save us ruining this thread

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #25
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

okay ur all right! i quit.... honestly im quitting... and the warrenty junk should be okay as long as u remove it... bmw really is cracking down on this... its a shame though. at least in a consumers POV

Translation: That black guy is doing 200 miles per hour
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #26
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I could care less about these warranty issues. As soon as I get my downpipes on this weekend and the V3 upgrade on the car I'll be going to the dyno, don't you worry!
I never thought I'd see a post from you and look forward to a future post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I would love to see more Dinan dyno's/track times. You're right though. The last few weeks have been about DME V81 and BMW voiding warranties.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman View Post
My tune IS better than yours.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB View Post
I'll be picking up my car end of next month and shortly after that you'll have my reviews on my mods I have done lol....All this talk has not put the fear of god into me lol
Look foward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphil71 View Post
Alot of it is just info for future precautions. In relation to all the views and posts in all of the threads how many people actually have had their warranty voided when they have taken all of their mod's off?
More than posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
+1

I'm sure we will see an onslaught of Dinan Stage III track times and dyno runs in the near future, which will be exciting to see.
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I highly doubt that based upon the past activities of Dinan owners, but I hope thats the truth!

Its more likely we will see a lot of V3 dyno's and track times.
SIII owners are of a different breed, don't you worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
yeah these days the threads are getting to be pretty boring....I use to be here for hours reading stuff...I am not really into the F/I threads as much, maybe because i have already most of the mods already!
We finally see eye-to-eye.

Quote:
I agree...I came from the s2ki and SRT forums and those guys blow this forum away with technical knowledge. I think it has to do with cheaper cars being affordable by the working class and guys that will actually get their hands dirty with the car.

I hate to say it...but the stereotype is correct...typically guys that drive bmws are sissies when it comes to working on cars.
Keep quiet sissy-boy!
      05-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #27
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I agree that the FI forum has become quite bland lately, but in the grand scheme of things I still think that this is just the beginning when it comes to tuning this car. Right now everyone is just sitting on the side lines waiting to see how all of the 29.2 and v81 crap will pan out, but we'll get over it hopefully sooner than later.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #28
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

my warranty is gone and I accepted it, now it is time to mod the shit of this car. waiting for v3 of another product to come out, then will come the FMIC, and we'll see what kind of dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times I get.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #29
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
my warranty is gone and I accepted it, now it is time to mod the shit of this car. waiting for v3 of another product to come out, then will come the FMIC, and we'll see what kind of dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times I get.
matt what happend...they didnt un redflag your car???????????
      05-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
Duke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

lets see some fresh mods! spice things up on this forum
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #31
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
matt what happend...they didnt un redflag your car???????????
I haven't returned it yet to OEM specs. As long as everything is running like it should, I see no reason to.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #32
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I never thought I'd see a post from you and look forward to a future post.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #33
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
I haven't returned it yet to OEM specs. As long as everything is running like it should, I see no reason to.
dont be a dummy and get that thing fixed
      05-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #34
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
I agree

Like I stated before...the N54 is still too expensive to risk blowing up. In a few years when warranties are gone and 335s become more affordable you will see an influx of new parts....hopefully
This is why many people, such as myself, are so concerned about even moderate tunes. This is the cause of the entire fuss. The lack of technical/concrete data we are presented with does indeed cause a scare. What are the max specs of our turbos? How much power can our internals handle? How long will it take until things start failing?

If we don't know there's no point in pushing the limits yet. I want to know what the limitations of our engines are and it will take time. We're lucky that we have some knowledgeable tuners doing this for us.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Bubbles, I think the reason you don't see the "performance" posts anymore is simple....there's nothing new to post!

Everybody knows the dyno results of the mods now. Everybody knows the 1/4 mile times of the modded cars now. Everybody knows the reviews/results of CAI, drop in filters, etc etc now.
There's only so much you can talk about in those respects.

There is always months and months of speculation talk on new mods, then a months and months of actual "real life" review and results talk on newly released mods, then well, it becomes repost, repost, same old same old to the point people no longer want to hear about it.

Can you imagine someone coming on here who just got a PROcede v2 or JB2 or SSTT and writing a big long review and how much power it makes, listing his dyno results and 1/4 mile time results now.
Title reads: PROcede review, dyno and 1/4 mile results.

He'd have a handful of views and a handful of "yeah do a search, nothing new here" responses.

Reality is just hitting home regarding warranty for all those who slapped on DP's, FMIC, and other mods that aren't easily removed.
I said months and months ago, I'd never put DP's on this car, and would never put FMIC on this car, or even CAI. As none of them are easily removed and a dealer can say any of them contributed to a failure and can void warranty parts (though that's usually overlooked with CAI or even FMIC by some). But I don't know MANY dealers who will accept DP's (especially catless ones) as being ok for warranty work. But I got flamed a bit when I posted that months ago before the DP's started hitting the sales floor.
Bet many of those guys who spent the $800-1000 on catless DP's and a few hundred more for install are taking them off as we speak!

I'm sure as the tunes evolve to their next "stages" you'll again see more performance results. That and once the weather gets cold again, which is 6 months away. Nobody really does 1/4 mile runs for their best times when it's 80-100 degrees out.
Great points Driver72. Next round, turbo upgrades!
      05-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #36
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Dinan is too expensive
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #37
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Great points Driver72. Next round, turbo upgrades!
Humm I think someone was talking about cartridge upgrades a few weeks back...oh yeah that was me...Some vendors responded to the thread saying that they were working on sourcing the new cartridges from mitsu, hopefully we will have a mild turbo upgrade available soon.

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #38
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
HA!! I just noticed your sig and I love it. The world is really coming down to things like this...its sad but true!! Pretty soon we'll all be lying about where we are located, trying to find screennames that are in no way related to anything about us and not mentioning anything about what we own and/or posting up pictures about them!!
Appreciate 0