Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need help choosing rims

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
M3350Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Need help choosing rims

I have a black on black e92 335i with 20% tints so the car is pretty dark all around. Otherwise it's stock and I don't really plan on blacking out the grill or the trim. I've always loved the look of a black or white car with black rims and a silver lip but as much as I liked the Hamann Style Races at first, I just don't love them as much as I thought I would.

If anyone could recommend a nice set up with a black rim and silver lip it would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, I started researching the forums more and fell in love with the Miro CSL reps (now going in a different direction than the original black rims). The CSL's are soooooooo nice and classy. What would you guys do? Black rims with silver lip or CSL reps. And, if you choose the CSL reps: hypersilver or hyperblack on a blk/blk coupe. Thanks

Edit: I'm not set on the Miro's as I like the VMR's too. Are these the VMR's?

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...id=velocity009
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Since you are going to keep the exterior otherwise stock with the chrome accents, go with the silver CSLs. If you were going to black out the front grills, then I'd suggest going with the Hyperblack for a more aggressive look.
However, I personally prefer the silver. You really cannot go wrong with the look and it's an absolutely stunning upgrade on the E92.

We exclusively carry the VMR CSL wheels and have them in stock for the E92 in both silver and hyperblack.

You may also want to look into the M6 style wheels for a bit more aggressive look.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
M3350Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I will. I am also considering those but i didn't want to complicate things too much . I'm looking for a head turning sporty clean look.

Edit: Also, if I were to go with the M6 reps (19") what width rim would I go with and what offset (both for the least amount of issues) and would there be rubbing?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I think the M6's or CSLs would do the job in that case
Appreciate 0