E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > The Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee Meets: 03-31-2012 07:30 AM - 11-03-2012 09:30 AM

The Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee Meets
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
Spydeputy
Brigadier General

03-31-2012 to 11-03-2012 07:30 AM to 09:30 AM
Date & Time - Every Saturday, March 31, 2012 - November 3, 2012. From 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.

Cars - Luxury, classic, exotic, modded.

Coffee - Caribou Coffee, Panera, Chick-fil-A or your own road mug.

Frequency - Every Saturday (barring major holidays, extreme weather).

Location - Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Best Buy and Caribou Coffee parking lot.

Directions - I-83 to Exit 20A (Shawan Road East); 1/2 mile to Towne Centre on left.

[If needed, click the map for door-to-door directions.]

Parking - Once in the Best Buy parking lot, look for the cones. The coned area will be marked as the 'Show Car Area'. This area will be reserved for, of course, the show cars. The reserved area allows for a safe space for the show cars as well as prime photography opportunities. At times it may be a challenge but please allow for groups that desire to park near similar models. Spectators can park in the remaining parking spots outside area.

Prizes - Gift certificates will be periodically available from Caribou Coffee, Spa in the Valley, Calvert Wine and Spirits, Dick's Sporting Goods, California Pizza Kitchen, Best Buy, Regal Cinemas, Ritz Cameras, Sears Auto, etc.

In addition to the regular Cars & Coffee gatherings, there will be cruises to local enthusiast events in the region so be sure to check back periodically. To retain the long-term cohesiveness of the group, please join the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Group Page.
Spread the word and see you there!

Dave

03-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #23
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
If you plan on showing your car, you'll park in the specified location below. I'd love to see a good amount of BMWs in there. If you do not prefer to show your car, you can park in any spot outside of the specified location. Its truly up to you. But I would like to see both 1M's parked in the show please.
Look for the orange cones to show where not to drive due to construction, and where to park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime View Post
Hi, me and another 1M owner will be there with our 1Ms. How are you setting up spots? Are there separate show car/visitor parking areas? If so, how do we get show car spots? Frankly I'm fine with visitor parking but you will want to put my friends 1M in the show car area. It is not your regular run of the mill 1M
Attached Images

Last edited by Spydeputy; 03-30-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Today was 'kind of a big deal'. Jest aside, there was interaction with HVTC management, the foreman of the on-site construction crew and the event's insurance company.

Please be fully aware of your surroundings due to the previously mentioned on-site construction. Underground utilities are being installed from the center of the Best Buy parking lot to the area north of Panera. During the planning stage for our parking area, this construction was carefully considered and it will not enter our area.

After a few whirlwind event insurance sessions, it came right down to the wire with 25 minutes remaining in the workday. All is set. With insurance squared away, please take it on your own shoulders to be respectable and safe. Its all about a great time. Respect and safety are all important parts of a great time.

Weather doesn't project to be perfect but we're generally holding to ‘rain or shine’ to eliminate future unsurety. Only in moments of heavy rain, prominent holidays, etc. will there be an announcement of postponement. Due to the weather projections, tomorrow will not be a full representation of our group but it'll give us an idea of our 'rain on shine' crew.

Weather will also loosen the need for more strict parking guidelines. Typically, we’ll split the groups by style and model but tomorrow should be good with only a clear understanding that the coned area will be set for ‘luxury, classic, exotic and modded’ cars. This will set the tone for future events.

Let’s consider the inaugural a soft rollout…a pre-Grand Opening. Tomorrow is our first! I hope its your first as well but if not, we'll see you down the road!

Rich "Will" Williams
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 04:06 AM   #25
citg0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3DIRTY5

Didn't bother detailing with the uncertainty of rain and whatnot over the coming days, so I'll be there dirty.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys... We gonna try to stake out a bmw section? I'm likely getting there between 7 and 715.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #26
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
A bit dirty is acceptable...unless its a rally car. Look for one of the light posts in the north end (near where Best Buy and MVP's storefronts meet).

Here's this morning's Facebook update...

At 5 a.m., WBAL Weather says, "Nothing more than a chance of a sprinkle. Maybe enough to wet the ground." Weather.com holds to a 40% chance of rain. The Weather Channel is showing mostly cloudy and a high of 62 for Baltimore County. Now that's a change for the better.

While there may be a 'spritz' in areas to the east, overall, the forecast has improved! If you can make it this morning, I look forward to seeing you there!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #27
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Rise and Shine, It's dry in Bel Air this morning. I need some coffee and cars to get me going this morning. Weather has some possibilities of a good meet. Enroute.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee was challenged by Mother Nature but she drained the clouds before our event...and what an inaugural it was! Thank you to everyone that attended or even gave it their best but faced insurmountable hurdles.

Remember, this is a weekly event. The C&C 'veterans' will see a fresh insurgence of cars and owners next week. When the weather shines, now we have an idea of what to expect.

I heard 2 estimates of ~200 show cars. 2 thumbs up! Lets keep the tires rolling! Continue to spread the word at your home enthusiast websites. We have the opportunity to build Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee into something even more special than you saw this morning.

Clean, civil, safe. These were guidelines set during planning. All I have to say is "Keep it up!" Everyone properly disposed of refuse and everyone, except for 1 or 2 upon exit, were very safe in vehicle operation. Please mark this note for the future - The south exit from the Best Buy/MVP parking lot has a winding entrance to Shawan Road. Please exercise caution and employ safe operating speeds. Of course, these guidelines apply to all driving time on the HVTC grounds.

What a great time it was meeting such a diverse group of car enthusiasts. So many great stories. So many great cars. What a great day! Again, thank you. We hope to see you at future events.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #29
Tonk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Econobox

For the full album (82 pics) in higher resolution, CLICK HERE.

04-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Round II

Awesome pictures Chris, Thanks.
Now it's time to sign up for round II.
Remember we are skipping 04/07/12 due to Easter on Sunday.
See you 04/14/12

Don't say anything, but I think we are holding off on Sat. 04/07/12 is because Will is going to the Easter Egg Hunt at the White House.

Last edited by Spydeputy; 04-02-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #31
bobp
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Being HV is skipping 4/7/12, how about the HV crowd come to ML. We will be alive and kicking. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobp View Post
Being HV is skipping 4/7/12, how about the HV crowd come to ML. We will be alive and kicking. What do you think?
Great idea!!! Need more to join the Tubby's crowd

Although I'll be in NY for the auto show
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #33
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Dave, since I'm drawn to Alpine White eggs, I'm expected to have little success since they're all painted. Who paints an egg Alpine White?

Paul and Bob, Maple Lawn is an excellent alternative for 4/7. If my schedule is free, I'll be there!

In case you missed the important Facebook update on the Event Page and Group Page, please read below.

Since Friday, I have received many Facebook e-mails, traditional e-mails and mentions in face-to-face interactions regarding attendance issues with the upcoming Easter weekend. In adherence with the policy of off weeks for major holidays, Easter falls into this category. There are family travel and local family responsibilities that should take priority. An additional factor is the utility line pavement cut that everyone saw on Saturday. Until approximately next Monday, cutting, earth moving and pavement sealing will be taking place to supply energy to the new women’s clothing store that’s under construction north of Panera. Providing the construction crew with an uncomplicated area to complete the task, in light of Easter weekend, is the best move.

Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee will return, in full force, on April 14. Continue to spread the word and drive exotic, luxury, classic and modified car owners to our Facebook Group Page. Our grassroots efforts will help create the best Cars & Coffee in the region. The off week will help us recruit new participants, give us time to install new modifications and even complete something as tedious as cleaning and sealing our wheels.

There are processes in motion that will create a truly unique and exciting experience for everyone. There are big plans. Really big plans. Alliances are being formed. Get fired up! See you on Saturday April 14!

Rich “Will” Williams

Last edited by Wonka; 04-03-2012 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Spelling Facebook incorrectly is offensive.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #34
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

i will be at hv on the 14th
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #35
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
i will be at hv on the 14th
Excellent!

If you're not already part of the Facebook Group Page, sign up! Search for "Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee".
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Book April 14 for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee!

Join the Facebook Group Page for up-to-date information.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
14 April 2012 / Beer Cozys

If you can catch me at my car Saturday morning, ask me for your Free BMW CCA chilled beverage (BEER) cozy.
Limited supply so hit me up early.
Just look for the BMW flag.

Dave

[Disclaimer]"Chilled beverage not included."
See manufacture for details.
New Castle Brown Ale included after 12 noon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

great free drinks lol
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

@Tonk: based on your pics, that is a great variety of cars: a little something for everyone. I'll have to make the roadtrip sometime soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #40
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
...and my 2012 335is is sporting a Helix FMIC, and Cross front strut brace. Come on down Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
@Tonk: based on your pics, that is a great variety of cars: a little something for everyone. I'll have to make the roadtrip sometime soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Eric, all from Philly are welcome. Its quite a variety. Originally, the focus was on approximately 15 websites. That was expanded to about 30 and the listings were pulled and shared with 1-2 dozen others. Exclusivity became inclusivity. The region's auto enthusiast community helped forge the target audience. Its different and I really like it.

About 30 minutes ago, I had a phone call with Greenberg Gibbons Commercial (the Hunt Valley Towne Centre's management team) and they have signed the contract. We're now official. Do a little dance. Get down tonight. Talks about bigger items should start in 1-2 weeks.

This week, I'm trying to hammer down the specifics of Caribou selling coffee on Best Buy's property so there's no need for foot travel. When you want caffeine now, its good to have it now. (cue Veruca Salt)

See everyone on the 14th. Spread the word!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here's the new parking map for the 14th. Enter at the south end and park in the European section, starting north and proceeding south as cars arrive.

Of course, all of this info comes from the Facebook Group Page. Join the Group Page for the latest info.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #43
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Saturday's weather looks excellent for driving to and gathering at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee! According to Accuweather, we'll see partly cloudy skies and temps in the 50's and low 60’s for the morning hours. The afternoon brings a high in the low 70's. That's perfect weather for transporting cars, gathering with old and new friends and settling into your first (or second) cup of coffee.

Upon arrival at the Best Buy parking lot, you’ll see a clearly-marked area for the show cars. Due to ongoing construction for a women’s clothing store on the property, please exercise caution. All show car traffic will enter the coned area from the south end (facing Shawan Road). There will be 4 open aisles for easy access to all themed areas. Ideally, Asian and European cars enter on the left half and American and Exotics enter on the right half. Early arrivals will be directed to the perimeters of the themed areas and parking will progress toward the middle. This will help organize the cars when we arrive en masse.

The classification of ‘exotic’ will always be a source of debate. When asked about what makes a car exotic, I focus on rarity and performance. Ultimately, its up to the community to decide. (For that matter, parking by classification is completely up to the driver.) If ‘exotic’ remains a dedicated section -- under the same or even a new name – it will depend on feedback. On March 31, it provided sufficient space for the trailered Ferrari 360 Challenge.

If you have friends, co-workers, business partners, neighbors, etc. that are auto enthusiasts, spread the word. If you are aware of people that would desire to be added to the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee distribution list, please send me a note and I'll make it happen. We're continuing to form a new community so make your mark. There was an incredible showing for March 31. Let’s keep the wheels rolling. See you tomorrow!

Wishing you all the best,

Rich "Will" Williams
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #44
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The Group Page is being updated periodically with photos.

If you're not a member, go to the link and request an invite. Here are 3 shots from my brief time with a camera in hand.

Appreciate 0