E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Aluminum Trim = Delay???

08-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
JackSpadesSI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
that's weird guys..i'm picking up my e92 with aluminum trim sometime this week; it's been at the prep center and i ordered it july 15
I don’t know about jimbowie, but mine is an E90. Perhaps the aluminum trim on an E92 is different and never went out of stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie View Post
My source of information was a different salesperson than mine at the same dealership. Evidently she's been in the same business for years and has "contacts". The lack of aluminum was her story then. Just went back to the dealer (Virginia) on Monday. Again my salesperson was useless and another rep made a call and found out that the trim is in stock but the folks are on vacation! They'll start working on cars Sept. 1 and I'll get my car in 3 - 4 weeks. Sounds like a crock. Anyhow, I've got a patient buyer for my current car, luckily. I've escalated to the manager and told them I want a loaner car so I can give my buyer my car. He said he emailed and left a voicemail to "corporate" on Monday. Of course nobody's calling me back. Even if they called and said there's no progress, that would be better than no call at all. This isn't the way this dealership dealt with customer's back in 2002 when I purchased my current car. Believe me, everybody I know and everybody they know are aware of the bs I've been given and will not touch this dealership when they go looking for a BMW.
E92Carrera is right that the August shutdown is not a crock. If you search this forum there are lots of other mentions of an annual production shutdown for August. I was told about the aluminum trim delay on 7/30 and my first fear what that I would be affected by the shutdown. I REALLY don’t mean to rub it in, but it looks like you drew the short straw and now have to wait until September.

In my case, once they got the aluminum trim in stock it took them 3 business days to install it before they released it to the carrier. Then, it took another 3 business days to haul it up to Bremerhaven (port of exit). The boat ride is ~2 weeks, and then add on a few more days to get it from the port of entry (I’ll assume Baltimore for you) to your dealership. The way I see it you’ll get your car sometime around the end of September if your car makes it onto the Independence II (departs 9/10).

I’m not completely sure from the way you wrote it, but it sounds like the manager claimed he needed to consult corporate in order to have a loaner approved for you. That is NOT the case. The manager has it in their authority to provide a loaner whenever they see fit, so don’t take any crappy story like “I wish I could help you out, but my hands are tied.”

Best of luck to you, and I hope you keep us all updated with your progress (or lack thereof).
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #24
jimbowie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 330CI

Got my loaner

I knew that corporate stuff was b.s. I just wanted to elevate my voice an octave so other customers would hear. The car is finally on it's way and is expected in Baltimore Sept. 29. I assume another week for whatever so I'm looking at an early October reception. Sold my 2002 so all is well other than I'm winding down from being p.o.ed from the lack of professionalism from this dealership, particularly my salesperson and the sales manager.
Appreciate 0