E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > CPO Search

09-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
GGirl
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Infiniti G37x

CPO Search

I can't find what I'm looking for in a CPO e93 335i locally, but I've checked BMWNA's site and it looks like there are options elsewhere in the country. But, I hesitate to potentially negotiate on a car that is hundreds of miles away. Can a local dealer get a CPO vehicle from another dealer without a purchase agreement first? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
I can't find what I'm looking for in a CPO e93 335i locally, but I've checked BMWNA's site and it looks like there are options elsewhere in the country. But, I hesitate to potentially negotiate on a car that is hundreds of miles away. Can a local dealer get a CPO vehicle from another dealer without a purchase agreement first? Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge, you have to buy a CPO car from the dealer who has it. For a new car, the price is all fixed and determined, and CPO cars are somewhat different.

When shopping for CPO cars for a friend, my CA never suggested he could do an inventory check for what is available (which is pretty common for buying/leasing new cars).

I'd suggest, look on Autotrader only for the sake of listings and finding the vehicle.

Find a reference to that dealership from this forum (it makes it easier to get a better deal if you go by reference rather than a phone call to a random CA/email to internet sales).

Once you have some options around, then look at the price perspective. BMW does not list every single CPO vehicle on BMWUSA.com if I am correct. Just my $0.02.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
GGirl
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Infiniti G37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
To the best of my knowledge, you have to buy a CPO car from the dealer who has it. For a new car, the price is all fixed and determined, and CPO cars are somewhat different.

When shopping for CPO cars for a friend, my CA never suggested he could do an inventory check for what is available (which is pretty common for buying/leasing new cars).

I'd suggest, look on Autotrader only for the sake of listings and finding the vehicle.

Find a reference to that dealership from this forum (it makes it easier to get a better deal if you go by reference rather than a phone call to a random CA/email to internet sales).

Once you have some options around, then look at the price perspective. BMW does not list every single CPO vehicle on BMWUSA.com if I am correct. Just my $0.02.
Thanks for the info/advice! I've only purchased new cars, so this is all new to me. I haven't checked Autotrader yet. I've checked the local dealers, since as you noted, BMW doesn't list all the dealers on their site, and their inventory is different, but still not what I'm looking for. Pricing seems to be all over the map, is that normal? And friends that bought CPO Infiniti and Lexus have suggested finding a salesperson at a local dealer to see if they have any out on lease that might come in soon - do you recommend that? Or just patience?
Appreciate 0