E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Mechanical issue

10-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #23
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
I wish i could buy a 335i too, but couldnt get a decent one with my low budget...poor me.

The deal they offered is $42500 including shipping to WA. Sadly though the car doesnt come with Comfort Access which the previous one does. And STILL no proper 19" 225 rims...

i am also thinking of buying a cheaper one like this:
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de.../?Cr=1&sdmvc=1
and convert it to M sport look with a paint job to get it sapphire black in colour, not sure how much will it cost, have asked Stu regarding the parts.
Damn dude dont buy a car and respray the whole car!! $10K plus to do it properly!

Space grey looks boring on a stock car, but once you start modifying it with tough wheels m sport aero kit m3 mirrors they look very clean and understated (I am slightly biased though) and besides black is a bitch to maintain in comparison (I'm a detailing freak and with my last car being black i'm glad i went for space grey over black this time around!)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #24
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Damn dude dont buy a car and respray the whole car!! $10K plus to do it properly!

Space grey looks boring on a stock car, but once you start modifying it with tough wheels m sport aero kit m3 mirrors they look very clean and understated (I am slightly biased though) and besides black is a bitch to maintain in comparison (I'm a detailing freak and with my last car being black i'm glad i went for space grey over black this time around!)
Oh, 10k+??
but i found that the E92 is the best in either black or white....
also, the one is Tintanium Silver, it would be better if it is space grey (darker colour).
May i ask....How your car looks like now? mind to share some photos of yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #25
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oh, 10k+??
but i found that the E92 is the best in either black or white....
also, the one is Tintanium Silver, it would be better if it is space grey (darker colour).
May i ask....How your car looks like now? mind to share some photos of yours?
I agree white is the best colour

ooops my mistake i quickly opened the link and thought it was space grey.

My car doesn't look all that wild, i have spent $ on performance more so then aesthetics!

Just keep waiting until the right one pops up, it too me forever to find my car as a lot of them had been poorly cared for with missing logbook servicing.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #26
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
I agree white is the best colour

ooops my mistake i quickly opened the link and thought it was space grey.

My car doesn't look all that wild, i have spent $ on performance more so then aesthetics!

Just keep waiting until the right one pops up, it too me forever to find my car as a lot of them had been poorly cared for with missing logbook servicing.
So, painting the whole car costs more than $10k? woo....
what about vinyl the whole car?
my choices come down to the very first one which seems a lemon, and the black one in QLD or the last one which is Titanium Silver.....still prefer the sapphire black....so, thinking if it is a good try with the Titan silver and convert it to sapphire black with m sport kit.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #27
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
So, painting the whole car costs more than $10k? woo....
what about vinyl the whole car?
my choices come down to the very first one which seems a lemon, and the black one in QLD or the last one which is Titanium Silver.....still prefer the sapphire black....so, thinking if it is a good try with the Titan silver and convert it to sapphire black with m sport kit.
Oh hell yeah to do a colour change is big dollars, as you have to paint the door jambs inside the doors behind the bootlid etc etc to do it properly.

I recommend waiting and not buying the 1st one you look at, as no doubt you will buy a car you're not 100% happy with and bam a much nicer car with less kays will pop up for sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #28
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Quote:
Oh I recommend waiting and not buying the 1st one you look at, as no doubt you will buy a car you're not 100% happy with and bam a much nicer car with less kays will pop up for sale.
This is very good advice; patience is the key. The right one for you will come along - it may be tomorrow or it may take much longer. The last thing you want to do is make a rash decision and then regret it for as long as you own the car!

Use the time as an opportunity to check out as many cars as you can, that way you can feel happier about your final decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #29
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
This is very good advice; patience is the key. The right one for you will come along - it may be tomorrow or it may take much longer. The last thing you want to do is make a rash decision and then regret it for as long as you own the car!

Use the time as an opportunity to check out as many cars as you can, that way you can feel happier about your final decision.
Thanks for the advice, and yes, i have been spending about 1.5 months looking for the right one.
And thought the very beginning one would be ok until the mechanic report comes back like below:

****** PREPURCHASE INSPECTION REPORT ******
* Wiper rubbers require replacement
* Cam cover gasket requires replacement. Cam cover leaking engine oil.
* Power steering fluid level was low. Requires further inspection for any power steering
hose leaks. No leaks visible.
* Engine sump gasket leaking engine oil. Requires immediate replacement.
* Right hand side door dinted and scratched.
* Left hand side door dinted and scratched. Door is not aligned to the body of the vehicle.
* Rear bumper bar scuff marked.
* Front bumper bar scuff marked and underside of bumper bar cover has been bottomed out
numerous times.
* Engine plastic undertray secured to front bar with an excessive amount of self tapping screws.
* Rear brakes fitted are not genuine components
* Front number plate has slight damage.
* Carried out fault code download analysis and found no fault codes in any control units. We suspect fault codes may have been erased.
* Steering wheel leather beginning to age.

Then, i start looking at some other else...(the worst is that i have paid out my car already as i thought the very beginning one should be ok....stupid me...now having now car to use. However, I am riding on a Mercedes everyday now - take a bus to work) haha
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #30
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Frankly, I would have walked away from that one too - looks like it's been well used, poorly maintained and ABUSED!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #31
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Agree with all of the above comments regarding being patient. I was looking for the last 18 months of my Subaru's lease until, out of absolutely sheer luck, found a fantastic specimen at a great price 1 week after I sold the Liberty.

Patience, patience, patience. It will be worth it in the long run with a better quality interior, less to fix (if anything), less scratches etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #32
CYL
Major
Rep

Thank you for all of your input everyone
I have got a deal with this car, and most probably proceed with it, asking for $42500 shipped to Perth WA
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...?Cr=10&sdmvc=1
How do you think?
With the sapphire black that i want, within my budget, also less driven (i think i can keep the car for quite a long time unless i do get bored with it and want a more powerful 335i)
Sad though it doesnt come with Comfor Access that the 1st one i have looked at.
And it is not equipped with 225 rims, have to buy it later.

Is there anyone who has a realiable mechanic in QLD refer to me so that i can perform a Pre Purchase Inspection?

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #33
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

That car looks reasonably neat, and no doubt a much better car with half the kays of the other one in melb you were looking at!

Have you seen the service history of the car?

I reckon with those rims it looks fine also
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
That car looks reasonably neat, and no doubt a much better car with half the kays of the other one in melb you were looking at!

I will get the dealer to send me some photos of the service history.
Hmm...I still prefer the 225 rims, I love them.

Yes, as I plan to keep the car for long, probably for 5-7 years, so, a less driven one should be better.
Would be even better if I could get the 09 onwards model with revised design valve, and updated iDrive with new controller. But those models are beyond my budget sadly....
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #35
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I will get the dealer to send me some photos of the service history.
Hmm...I still prefer the 225 rims, I love them.

Yes, as I plan to keep the car for long, probably for 5-7 years, so, a less driven one should be better.
Would be even better if I could get the 09 onwards model with revised design valve, and updated iDrive with new controller. But those models are beyond my budget sadly....
Keep your eyes open on this forum the 225m rims pop up on here quite often.

You can upgrade to LCI components as you go, such as the tailights ~ $700 and the LCI idrive $2K ish
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #36
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i MS

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, and yes, i have been spending about 1.5 months looking for the right one.
And thought the very beginning one would be ok until the mechanic report comes back like below:

****** PREPURCHASE INSPECTION REPORT ******
* Wiper rubbers require replacement
* Cam cover gasket requires replacement. Cam cover leaking engine oil.
* Power steering fluid level was low. Requires further inspection for any power steering
hose leaks. No leaks visible.
* Engine sump gasket leaking engine oil. Requires immediate replacement.
* Right hand side door dinted and scratched.
* Left hand side door dinted and scratched. Door is not aligned to the body of the vehicle.
* Rear bumper bar scuff marked.
* Front bumper bar scuff marked and underside of bumper bar cover has been bottomed out
numerous times.
* Engine plastic undertray secured to front bar with an excessive amount of self tapping screws.
* Rear brakes fitted are not genuine components
* Front number plate has slight damage.
* Carried out fault code download analysis and found no fault codes in any control units. We suspect fault codes may have been erased.
* Steering wheel leather beginning to age.

Then, i start looking at some other else...(the worst is that i have paid out my car already as i thought the very beginning one should be ok....stupid me...now having now car to use. However, I am riding on a Mercedes everyday now - take a bus to work) haha
Dude I would stay away n keep looking. Took me 3 months to find mind god bless it. However, I have spent more then 10 K on OEM parts, nothing major.
I keep all repairs in my repair book so the seller knows what's up when the day comes to sell.

Best of luck to u!

BB
08 335i MSPORT & PR PKG/aFe St2 DCI/AA BOV kit +DP/SprintBooster Stage 2/Avant Garde 19 rims/ HNK V12 Pro Tires/BMS Wheel Spacers/ E92 M F n B kit incl blk kidney grills and sensors/Afe mach Exhaust. M3 skirts, DNA map 3
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #37
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Keep your eyes open on this forum the 225m rims pop up on here quite often.

You can upgrade to LCI components as you go, such as the tailights ~ $700 and the LCI idrive $2K ish
Yes, such as Kaitan's 225.
I am after the LCI controller only, more about its up market look, but not going to upgrade to the actual system as I don't use sat nav often here in WA. The updated version of the iDrive is good if it is professional since the screen is larger and even the interface is new one. Business version is still the same as to pre LCI, dull interface..........
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:

Service history
Attached Images

Appreciate 0