E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > IPod ready car stereo in BMW?

08-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Jesper
Rep
Drives: E90

IPod ready car stereo in BMW?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I just got a new BMW that came iPod ready. I got my iPod plugged in ok, but when it comes up on the audio system, it only selects random songs to play from the iPod and I cannot select by playlist, musician, or album. Anyone know how that works?

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #2
Josh Dom
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

For the IPodYourBMW system, you will need to make playlists on your Ipod named as "BMW1" to "BMW5". You can select these playlists from your head unit like you would a CD changer. The 6th button is to play all of your songs on your ipod in alphabetical order by either artist or title, I forget which one.

With the BMW Ipod integration kit, you cannot control the track selection from the Ipod directly. You need to work the controls from either the head unit or the steering wheel.

All of this is in your instruction manual. If you didn't, talk to your dealer.