E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > any body eat RAW foods only here? need recipes :-)

09-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

any body eat RAW foods only here? need recipes :-)

did a quick search and found a few posts on eating some raw foods, but i'm wondering if anybody is strictly raw foods only.

I'm vegetarian, but here recently i tried strictly raw for 21 days, trying to eat as natural as possible, no cooking whatsoever or anything processed. It was a great experience 21 days ended yesterday, i'm 5'10 and was at 203, now 192, i have an athletic body type, but i still need to work on my fat percentage being i have a love handle for my fiancé still

my raw diet was 3-4 fruits in the morning, and salad for lunch and dinner, mixing it up with seaweed wraps, lettuce wraps w/alvocado, dressings was using only lime, and various seeds (pumpkin, sesame, walnut etc) a lot of water. I make my own almond milk by soaking and blending.

So looking for different ideas? i've found a few good websites, if anybody here has any input, websites, recipes, to create some variety, would be great. i did find a good mashed potatoes made with cauliflower! very good and trying to incorporate a dehydrator as well. i've seen some raw lasagna! anybody have experience with this? pine nuts/ cashews. Kelp? nutritional yeast? Thanks in advance for any input
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

I'll eat the occasional bag of Cheetos raw
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
I'll eat the occasional bag of Cheetos raw
LoL...

I would like to see someone chime-in here. I've thought about eating raw foods for a while and would like to see what kind of creative recipes you guys have.
      09-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Honestly the only raw foods I eat are fruit, veggies, beef jerky, dried seasoned and smoked salmon. I have a buddy who eats raw eggs but i keep telling him that he shouldn't be so cheap an buy a microwave or an oven. Everything else i eat is cooked.
Why are you interested in raw food
Diets if you don't Mind me asking
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I don't eat only raw foods as I still eat meat and chicken, but I only eat organic foods and I try to get a lot of plants in the diet.

Avocados are very nutritious I try to add them to anything I can. You can make guacamole dip by adding onions, tomato, garlic, and peppers. You can eat it with organic chips or add to other foods. Hemp seeds are the best source of protein since they have all 20 amino acids and a balanced ratio of omega 3 and omega 6. You can pretty much add them to anything, I've even sprinkled hemp seeds on chocolate cake before. Smoothies or fruit salads are also a good idea. Other than that I just eat alot of whole fruits.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
reelop19
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Sushi is the only thing I've eaten raw (tuna and shrimp). I do juice however. Juicing has been great and it can be sort of filling
Appreciate 0