E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu Support??????

04-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i CP

Question Vishnu Support??????

Hey everyone -

I decided today to pull the trigger on a V3 Rev II CANbus PROcede after careful consideration between that and a JB3. The main reason I went with the PROcede was for the future concepts of a dash boost gauge and the ability for code clearing to be done internally and not have to worry about a BT Scanner.

But, I wanted to know how support was. I tried to email Shiv numerous times today before I pulled the trigger to ask a few questions and all I got back was an email from another guy who did not really give me any answers. In fact it was jpsimon who gave me the most help (thanks JP).

I know everyone is busy and I own several companies but make the point to call or email everyone back right away as that is what is expected of me.

With Terry I always received an email, call or text from Terry when I had any questions at all and it came right away.

Bottom line - Did I make a mistake?

I know let the flaming begin but I am serious should I just stay with BMS?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

yes

1) better value
2) better support
3) buy my Jb3 for sale with o2 sim LOL

To be honest - I think both tunes are pretty well done, but in terms of support, Terry and Mike are excellent resources and answer questions very quickly. That was my experience when I was running the JB3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin4fun View Post
Hey everyone -

I decided today to pull the trigger on a V3 Rev II CANbus PROcede after careful consideration between that and a JB3. The main reason I went with the PROcede was for the future concepts of a dash boost gauge and the ability for code clearing to be done internally and not have to worry about a BT Scanner.

But, I wanted to know how support was. I tried to email Shiv numerous times today before I pulled the trigger to ask a few questions and all I got back was an email from another guy who did not really give me any answers. In fact it was jpsimon who gave me the most help (thanks JP).

I know everyone is busy and I own several companies but make the point to call or email everyone back right away as that is what is expected of me.

With Terry I always received an email, call or text from Terry when I had any questions at all and it came right away.

Bottom line - Did I make a mistake?

I know let the flaming begin but I am serious should I just stay with BMS?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

You made a good choice... no worries.

Feel free to PM me anytime too... shiv is a busy guy.

You will have plenty of good support from lots of people.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Why are you selling it Turk (and I owe you a PM sorry - the answer to your PM is yes all 3)?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Feel free to PM me anytime too... shiv is a busy guy.

You will have plenty of good support from lots of people.
That sounds great rix I appreciate it BUT well you probably already know what I am going to say
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
That sounds great rix I appreciate it BUT well you probably already know what I am going to say
Actually, I don't know what you are going to say
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Brianbmwboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp X-drive

If you need support and you are not the patient type or don't have an extra vehicle if you have an issue, then I would definately stick with BMS. Terry is always instant with responses and as you and everyone else knows very helpful. For me service is key. The car will haul ass with either tune and my JB3 has never thrown a code (best way to clear codes is not to have them in first place ) . If you are a tweaker and patient the vishnu tune might be fun to play with.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Why are you selling it Turk (and I owe you a PM sorry - the answer to your PM is yes all 3)?
thanks - check PM

Also, I like the idea that the new vishnu software can clear the codes automatically - but the problem is that the codes should not be triggered in the first place. Its almost like a messy coder wiping up their tracks IMO. If a code is triggered, its done for a reason, pain in the ass or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Actually, I don't know what you are going to say
I was going to say thank you but you are not the owner of Vishnu but I will probably hit you up.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianbmwboy View Post
If you need support and you are not the patient type or don't have an extra vehicle if you have an issue, then I would definately stick with BMS. Terry is always instant with responses and as you and everyone else knows very helpful. For me service is key. The car will haul ass with either tune and my JB3 has never thrown a code (best way to clear codes is not to have them in first place ) . If you are a tweaker and patient the vishnu tune might be fun to play with.
I am the most impatient person you will ever meet. In fact, 99% of arguments I get into with people is because I expect something done in a certain time frame and its not so it pisses me off.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianbmwboy View Post
The several times I have emailed him, Shiv has gotten back to me within the day. So, excellent service in my experience. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the, "If you are a tweaker and patient the vishnu tune might be fun to play with." Seems to me that generally, with either tune, just install correctly and you're good to go.

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #12
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
I was going to say thank you but you are not the owner of Vishnu but I will probably hit you up.
If you want a phone call from shiv, that can be arranged... He's really not that hard to get ahold of.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

support/customer service:

BMS> Vishnu

/thread
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
support/customer service:

BMS> Vishnu

/thread
I believe it is up to the OP or the mods to close the thread but good try.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Yah, while I love the procede; Shiv's communication is lacking these days. I could usually get a response within the week, now he doesnt even reply...

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
boostin4fun
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Yah, while I love the procede; Shiv's communication is lacking these days. I could usually get a response within the week, now he doesnt even reply...
wow that sounds promising
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

I once PM'd shiv and got a reply in less than 3 hrs. I guess these days hes been real busy with the whole ASR/CANbus/Meth thing. No biggie, if i have questions I can always email the guys at Vishnu or come here... unless ofcourse its a very specific question only he can answer
      04-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
impatient bastards.

the support is nominally good. not out of this world, sitting by the phone waiting for a problem to show up good, but it sure as hell isnt bad.

just read up on all the possible scenarios on what might go wrong and you should be good.

they usually return a call back within 60-90minutes, sometimes less. i was on a dyno and had a question and got a call from Dustin within the hour. I have yet to have a compaint about Vishnu aside from the pricepoint of the V2<V3 harness upgrade. And ive been a customer for a number of years already.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Shiv helped me on a weekend with my initial install issues (almost 2 years ago). Since then the customer base has exploded. He has created a tech support call back form for people to use. Did you try it? http://www.vishnutuning.com/tech_callback.htm

Actually, I hope you did not try it, since you would just be wasting their time, since you do not have a support issue, if the product has not been delivered yet.

Sounds like you just want to see how fast you can get an owner to jump for you.

Expecting to get Shiv instantly is a little outrageous. He is probably working on Canbus Maps, Canbus Functionality, Turbo Kit maps, Meth kit, Meth Maps, etc., etc.

I had to cancel my Rev II order a month ago (since then was able to reorder). I emailed the sales address and got a call from them very quickly.

If you just have questions about functionality, there is a communtiy here that can probably answer, but for a support issue try the tech call back forum.

Vishnu Technical Support has been excellent for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
kentgbr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Sedan

Vishnu support has always been great for me, both email and phone. Called once with a technical question on a Saturday and Shiv literally called back before I could set the phone down. No complaints here.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #21
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

I think he prefers emails over PMs - must be the iPhone thing since it is easier to respond.

Both vendors are overly responsive imo - they post daily, sometimes several dozen times a day, PM non-stop, email in between, and then probably take phone calls as well.

I think most folks here are so accustomed to this lightning-type response rate that when something goes wrong, they suspect the worse. Not even mechanics and dealers are this accessible and responsive.

I would give Shiv-a-reeno the benefit of the doubt and he should respond within the day. There are too many examples of good customer service that you shouldn't have any doubt your problem will not be addressed. If it becomes a trend - you are within the 14day return window and there is plenty competition out there that would love to have your business.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #22
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Shiv has always been great for me. Any time I've emailed him I've usually gotten a response within an hour (and usually from his iPhone). No complaints at all. I've heard he's called a lot of people directly too, to walk them through troubleshooting. I'd say you have nothing to be afraid of whatsoever.