E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Transfer Case

10-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
nicksterv
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335ix

Transfer Case

Hello, is there a way to check if the transfer case actuator motor is going bad, I've been having trouble on hard acceleration, sometimes from a stop or even on heavy acceleration on the highway,all the lights will go on (dtc,4x4 etc.) and the code ENGINE OVERSPEED , my car is automatic, a few times I shifted a bit earlier to see if the engine overspeed code would not come on, randomly would not amd sometimes it would. This happens both with a my summer staggered, and winter and square set-up. , I don't know if this could help, when my car is jacked in the front, the front wheels turn freely, I thing that is supposed to if the car is not running.Still under warranty, problem is when I test drove with them, I was in the city and couldn't replicate situation, because not enough place to really rev it up high, and I wouldbe going to fast, they still can't find the problem. Unfortunalety this BMW dealers mecanics have a bit to be desired, 3 times fixed some problems, then they forget to tighten screws, and other things, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

if you go to someone who can scan your obd with a computer (not no autozone obd check) in an indy shop a code should show up...when i went a code poped up saying "transfer case fail" forgot what code it was but it also caused it to accelerate slower than usual
Appreciate 0