E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OCD

01-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #45
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
If someone gets in my car when the windows are misted up & then rubs their greasy hands all over the glass to clear it
Now that should be a hanging offence.

Luckily my dad used to go mental about that one and so passed it down to me. No Patek Philippe or country estate just an irrational hatred of finger marks on glass. I'm in the process of passing this onto my 4 year old and 18 month old through shouting, screaming and threats of physical violence.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #46
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Now that should be a hanging offence.

Luckily my dad used to go mental about that one and so passed it down to me. No Patek Philippe or country estate just an irrational hatred of finger marks on glass. I'm in the process of passing this onto my 4 year old and 18 month old through shouting, screaming and threats of physical violence.
I'm led to believe that it's a valid defence to murder
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #47
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
...OK, I'll be drawn in...

...the arrow on my watch bezel always has to be at the top at 12 o'clock.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #48
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post

Pah.....thats nothing. You're practically normal. Get off this thread
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #49
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:

Amateur.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #50
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Pah.....thats nothing. You're practically normal. Get off this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Amateur.
I've never been so pleased to be excluded from a group in all my life
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #51
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts
Driving positions.....does anyone set what is, at the time, a perfect driving position then next time you get in the car start fiddling because something doesn't 'feel' right?? (when in reality, everything is just fine and no different to the previous day!!!)
I thought this was just me, it drives my wife nuts. Luckily the x6 has the memory option but the porka doesn't. When she drives the porka it takes me ages to get it right again.

Another thing is when people leave the passenger seat further forward than mine or they switch off auto on the climate control and just let it blow on full blast.

Vents is another one for me, I don't like the sound of the fan when one or more vents are closed, so they all have to be open..
      01-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #52
John320d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E93

Many years ago I was carrying something bulky downstairs so I counted the thirteen steps coming down, I have done it ever since. After a while I thought I should see someone medical. CLAIMED DECIMAL Oh no I have triggered my anagrams now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #53
sufchenko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

I agree with a lot of the comments above but I tend to go to another level.
It bugs the hell out of me if I see a car where one of the brake lights are not working.
Wife says it's just me.
      01-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
Not just very annoying but also illegal and in this weather can be dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #55
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufchenko View Post
I agree with a lot of the comments above but I tend to go to another level.
It bugs the hell out of me if I see a car where one of the brake lights are not working.
Wife says it's just me.
Not to mention all the cars drving round with one headlight, I have enough trouble seeing with 2 good headlights what chance do they stand?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #56
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

I once made the mistake of adjusting my seat to the perfect position (ready to save into memory). By accident, I then pressed one of the other memory buttons and the seat went nuts. The previous owner must have been a VERY short woman.

I count the amount of morons that I see driving with foglights on and their main lights set to side lights.

I like to have my music on even volume, as I do with the TV.

I always re-arrange everything in the boot so that its neat. However, after some 'spirited' driving I know it will be all over the place again.

If I spot something which isn't square, a book in a bookshelf, or something that doesn't sit right, I will have to adjust it.

One weird thing that I do is that I sometimes feel the need grab a leaf, flower or twig off the nearest bush and then pull the leaf to bits systematically as I walk along..

Sometimes when I'm walking down a corridor I feel the need to 'tap' on the walls as I go along..

My desk at work is always set to how I like it. However, the cleaner feels the need to re-arrange my desk to her liking every day (never the same).
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #57
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Can you catch OCD?

I used to be fine. Then I bought some bloody socks with the days of the week on them.

Of course you can't wear Saturday socks on a Thursday, but even worse would be a weekday sock on the friggin' weekend.

But who in their right mind is going to search through an entire sock drawer looking for Sunday?

What was I ever thinking buying those damned socks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:35 AM   #58
EQUANT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d

Climate control has to be set to the same temp on both sides! thank God for ALL button on the LCIs , i hate other cars in which you have to set both sides individually, all the time. Distracting and annoying for OCD people
      01-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #59
av_guy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335D MSport Space Grey

OK here goes...

Exterior:
M Sport badges on wheels must line upto the same tyre wall logo for each corner.
Valve caps are tightened to the same torque (ideally same number of turns) for each corner.
I personally put on my number plates by measuring them from top to bottom and left to right, ensuring centre mounting.
I do take 4 to 4.5 hours rinsing, washing, drying and vaccuming my car to a point I can eat my food (have not tried this but am quietly confident that I can) from the inside of my wheels - my cousin was impressed at the level of detail in cleaning I apply.
Nobody washes or cleans my car - I make it dirty, so I clean it!
I only use carnuba based waxes using two microfibre towels - these are washed and changed regularly.
I must vacuum each time I wash (at least every two weeks except in winter; may be more or less dependent on use and cleanliness).
The car must be reversed into the double garage for ease of driving out, parked close to the near side wall allowing me to open the door fully and not intruding on my other well placed garage goods.

Interior:
After cleaning, my electric fold mirrors (adjusted with manual movement by a fraction of a millimetre if required) to ensure they line up (this does not apply to the mirror glass, as viewing them in the same position would be a nightmare).
All vents must be parallel pointing (on the off chance, I might let passengers change them but they go back as soon as they are done) - the rears cannot be reached by the kids... ha.
I check closure of all windows personally before and after each journey.
I check lights before each journey against the garage door (in two stages).
Tyre pressures for the two rear tyres must be equal - same applies for the fronts - I check every two weeks.
Climate controls must be in alignment (usually with the mine) - on the off chance, my wife changes her side, I equalise when she is done or not looking.
I always open the doors for the wife (she wears her wedding and engagement rings, custom bracelet(s) and I am taking no risks of scratches to the handles or handle recess areas) and kids, asking them not to scrape their shoes/boots/trainers on my paintwork, sills, plastic protection mouldings, etc. - so far so good.
I always remind my elder child she is not too touch the back of the seats with shoes, boots, trainers or climate controls (just in case she tries to reach).
No eating or drinking is allowed in the car (unless life threatening) - whether this one or any of my previous cars.
Front seats are always the same height, azimuth, recline, knee support tucked in, lumbar same on both sides (which I check regularly with equal presses).
Head restraints are always equally angled and set for height.
Wife gets annoyed and changes movement but I will later bring the balance.
The heat setting is always the same on both sides whether I have a passenger or not.
The rear view mirror must be angled so that I can only just see the near side C pillar edge, thereby providing the greatest rear view I can achieve.
My steering is always straightened upon parking outside and in the garage.
Each fill of fuel (at no less than quarter remaining), I must reset the trip and check/reset the Journey Computer.
Each time I lock the car, I must hear all door locks click (if not, I will open and redo).
This car has no dents, scrapes or scratches but in the past, if I got a stone chip or lacquer scrape, I would either have this professionally sprayed and blended or get out the mild rubbing compound, polish and wax until I cannot see the lacquer scrape and it looked like a factory finish.
Nobody touches the inside windows if they are misty. Tell me, I'll switch on the climate control to demist. Kids do get a raised tone if this happens by "mistake" and I will spend time removing the embedded stain.

I don't suffer CDO but... notes in my wallet, must be facing up, in value order by serial number. I have less control over coins but I try to keep these to a minimum. I know, this part is off-topic but I'm on a roll!
E90 LCI 335D MSport|Space Grey|Sunroof|Visibility|F&R Sensors|Leccy Fold Ext Dim Int & Ext Mirrors|Media Pack Pro|Voice & USB|DAB & DVB|HK L7|Black Leather|Leccy Seats|Lumbar & Heat|Type 313 19" Performance Pack Wheels|Trackstar|Protect & Care|Service Inclusive

Last edited by av_guy; 01-19-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #60
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:

I was in a meeting with my boss the other day and I noticed the bezel on his watch was half way between the 1 and the 2. I found it so distracting that eventually I had to interrupt and actually went over and adjusted it so the arrow was directly on the 12.

Last edited by mowflow; 01-19-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #61
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Looking at the above

Don't you think it should be called "Obsessive Compulsive Order"
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #62
texasjohn
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Have to have a matching knife and fork (we have a mixed set of cutlery).

Will not use car washes for my own car. Have to DIY with jet wash and buckets.

Previous: F31 340i, E90 335i SE, E87 130i, F10 550i, E92 335i, E61 550i, E90 335iM, E87 130i, E87 118d, Z4M, Z4 3.0i SMG, E46 330D, Z3M, Z3 3.0i, Z3 3.0i (USDM)
Appreciate 0