E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > FBO + warranty

08-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
CuriousIndian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Hey guys, just wanted to know some of your experience with warranty issues and having a FBO car.

On Saturday I had my FBO parts installed by IVO. I then switched my COBB tune to Stage2 sport+FMIC.
Did some WOT runs and no issues.

Yesterday I did about four WOT runs and the car went into limp mode and got the yellow engine light. Started the car this morning and had the same engine light. I used AP to read codes and this is what I found.

P0015 - 'B' camshaft position - timing over-retarded (Bank 1)

P2DED - Power Management closed-circuit protection

P2A87 - Vanos Plausibility

P3100

Anyone know what these codes mean or how to fix them?

Called Ivo this morning and he mentioned that I may need to replace my VANOS solenoid. I would need to go to his shop to know for sure but can't until next week.

Anyone know if I will be able to use my existing warranty to get this replaced? Would BMW charge me to diagnose the issue because I have FBO parts which void my warranty?
Appreciate 0