E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Reverse Rake Elimination w/ Springs?

06-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #23
TemjinX2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNeTyOne View Post
Because those monotube (or twin tube in ST's case) coilovers are essentially 40 year old damper tech. The ST's are essentially KW with cheap springs. The FSD and DVF dampers are light years better, as are the Eibach springs.

Putting inferior dampers and springs on the car just because they have adjustable height is an amateur move.

Bottom line, cheap, under-performing coilovers may be the same price, but coilovers that will perform as well as the setup under discussion are not going to be anywhere near that price point. To get dampers on par with what's being discussed is going to set him back at least $1700.00 (and please don't bring up v1's, they are horrible).
i disagree...you have to look at the application. most people who lower there cars are not doing for the track, they want to improve the looks and experience slightly improved performance.

i've had koni yellows with ground control eibach springs and the chinese taiwanese coil overs and i didnt notice any difference between the two. long as there adjusted correctly.

even with the cheap taiwanese coil overs, you won't be hitting its limited on the street and if you are, then you should be on track not the street anyways.

the poster is concerned about getting rid of his rake not becoming a track warrior.

if he wanted to do track then yeah, i would suggest some bilsteins or ohlins.
Appreciate 0