E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran

Closed Thread

11-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #45
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
you should've read on... long was the original seller and the guy who sold it to me was his friend, his car even pops up on Longs sig pic.
uhhh that is not drew's car ... that was Long's car ...

oh btw, i don't know if you know how business works sometimes, but you can't go out there telling everyone where you get parts from ... its call competition ... no hard feelings though ... and also please don't make assumptions that Long makes a profit on all the stuff he sells ... i know for a FACT that he sells to friends at cost and many times if he can, below it as well ...

and please don't take my post as ganging up on you, but sometimes, if you don't know for sure or all the facts, you can't go around making assumptions.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #46
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
uhhh that is not drew's car ... that was Long's car ...

oh btw, i don't know if you know how business works sometimes, but you can't go out there telling everyone where you get parts from ... its call competition ... no hard feelings though ... and also please don't make assumptions that Long makes a profit on all the stuff he sells ... i know for a FACT that he sells to friends at cost and many times if he can, below it as well ...

and please don't take my post as ganging up on you, but sometimes, if you don't know for sure or all the facts, you can't go around making assumptions.
With the SoCal crew presence on this thread, it sure feels like you guys are ganging up on OP, especially with that loose cannon. There's always two sides to the story and it's tough to tell who's right / wrong in a dispute. I'm sure Long has tried his best to work with OP to get his problem resolved. I wish both parties can talk this out and 3rd parties stay away from making their smart-ass comments / praise the lord.
      11-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #47
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
So you bought a second hand piece, which to you was defective? First off, buyer beware.

Now from long's point of view. He receives a product from you (not the person he had a sale with) in a damaged condition with claims that it was defective. I think we can agree that long didn't break the product himself. Now he's supposed to send a new product to you?

To much could have happened to that peice from when it was first shipped to the orginal buyer until it arrived on long's doorstep. The piece could have been damaged in several ways to cause it not to fit properly, including the fractures.

I don't think your argument holds water and would agree that Long went above and beyond.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #48
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
for the 1000th time... NO.

like i said i've done this a ton of times, i know how to be careful installing/removing the trim, especially cuz it has that clear coat that cracks/chips easily.

i could go after him, but 1. its a little late for that, and 2. im pretty sure he is one of longs friends which is probably why he expected long to help me out. plus i'm not sure if he knew it wasn't a good fit cuz like i said it was supposed to be new which would mean he didn't install it.... if he did he probably saw the bad fit which is why he sold it.
You said you didn't crack it while installing it. You didn't mention you didn't crack it while removing it until after my post. You need to go after the guy who sold it to you. I don't care whether or not he knows the vendor. That's not the issue here.

Quote:
Yes I do, except the crack in it shouldn't have mattered because it didn't fit in the 1st place. Why doesn't anyone see that? The company won't take it back because its cracked, but cracked or not, it still won't fit on the car. The cracking didn't cause it to not fit, it didn't fit before it was cracked. I just don't understand how so many people can not understand that the cosmetic damage that the piece sustained was AFTER the fact that I found out it didn't fit and sent it to Long for a replacement. Its BS that the shop won't take it back because they probably are upset they can't resell it now... resell a poorly fitting piece.... which means that had the piece not gotten cracked, whoever came along next would have gotten the bad fitting piece. You guys all think that is acceptable?? I sure as heck don't. That piece should have been test fitted to show how poorly it fit and then I should've had a new piece sent back to me by the manufacturer... but Long wouldn't divulge that info so IMO that makes it his responsibility then to deal with things of this nature since he won't let us know who is making them (which I understand but on the same page, its not like I'm going to go blabbing it all over or start buying the trim from them and selling it myself... all I've ever wanted out of this was a replacement piece).
Yes, it does matter. He can't resell it. Someone has to take the loss and you put the loss on him. He could have at least sold it at a HUGE discount as a product that doesn't fit quite right, but with those cracks, who wants it? It's literally junk now.

Quote:
waste my time... or nothing?

how many more times do i need to say I wasn't the one who cracked it... it was in pristine condition (other than it NOT FITTING) when I sealed up the box and paid the lady to send it to you via FedEx
You just contradicted yourself. If it was in pristine condition like you said it was, then you sent it without cracks! So it must have cracked between the time you sent it and when it arrived at Longs. If that is the case, go after the shipping company. Personally, I don't see how it can be cracked like that during shipping as the cracks indicates it came from stress during removal.

And by the way, I don't know Long nor did I ever buy anything from him. I'm just putting myself in both your shoes. Personally, if I cracked it, I would have tossed it and bought another one.

Gary
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #49
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
With the SoCal crew presence on this thread, it sure feels like you guys are ganging up on OP, especially with that loose cannon. There's always two sides to the story and it's tough to tell who's right / wrong in a dispute. I'm sure Long has tried his best to work with OP to get his problem resolved. I wish both parties can talk this out and 3rd parties stay away from making their smart-ass comments / praise the lord.
I don't know who is right and who is wrong. Cause honestly I don't know the facts. I agree under normal circumstance that through PM is the best way, but a lot of times when people make claims on the board its hard to tell who is right and who is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #50
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
If it was in pristine condition like you said it was, then you sent it without cracks! So it must have cracked between the time you sent it and when it arrived at Longs. If that is the case, go after the shipping company. Personally, I don't see how it can be cracked like that during shipping as the cracks indicates it came from stress during removal.
Since its so well known that I am one of the many people here that is on Long's nuts, I am gonna go ahead and say this as well. If the trim was packed well and nice and neatly, the piece would not have cracks. And speaking from experience, i have similiar hairline cracks on my trunk spoiler in a attempt to re-glue the spoiler. the cracks came from pulling the spoiler to put glue in between. those hairline cracks from the pics, i can only assume came from stressing the piece.

Oh, btw yes i know the trim is poor fitment and the fact that there are cracks on it doesn't change the fact that the trim is still poor fitment.

i wonder if i can go back to carking and get my money back or even replacement pieces still my splitters are poor fitment as well.

welcome to the world of aftermarket non-OEM parts. its a nasty imperfect world out there.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #51
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
I don't know who is right and who is wrong. Cause honestly I don't know the facts. I agree under normal circumstance that through PM is the best way, but a lot of times when people make claims on the board its hard to tell who is right and who is wrong.
+1.. like i said before.. the OP shouldve thought about resolving this through PM before his BITCHASSNESS came out to the vendor feedback section.
      11-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #52
simpleE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

im sorry op but after reading everything i have to take long side.
20x10 and 20x8.5 / 285-245 / et 35 all around / rear fenders rolled / 6000k hid headlights / 6000k hid fog lights / GP Thunder cornering lights / Mtec Super White angel eyes / full led interior / led plate lights / h&r sport spings / 2-10 inch kicker L7 / kicker 1500x2 amp / kicker 1000x4 /full dynamat trunk/5% tints all around / ACS Style Roof Spoiler / carbon fiber roundel overlays / led plate lights/ more to come........
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #53
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

FIGHT! YES!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #54
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
here is all the PMs he sent to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger
please do
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well then what shop is this so i may contact them.
cracked or not, it doesn't fit so that is why i'd be retuning it. Its not like i just didn't like it and want to return it, it doesn't fit properly which should take precedence over any cosmetic defect that might be present as it is unusable and thus makes the fact that its was cracked somehow null.

thanks for your help Long. if this is going to require a fight then I don't want you to feel like you have to get too involved and I'd rather just talk to the shop myself about it.

-Seth

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm... I didn't notice that when I took it off, I was pretty careful I thought however, i wouldn't have had to take it off at all if it had fit properly in the 1st place, cut me a break here. Andrew said this thing was top quality fitting and it obviously wasn't so can you just send me a new piece please?

Quote:
Quote:
no it says delivered on the 17th to 11659 McBean Drive and signed for by J Alverez, so I'm assuming your neighbor has it.

please confirm this for me when you get it from him.

Thanks

-Badger
Quote:
Quote:
did you get the trim yet long?

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Long, Andrew had me send you that 1 CF trim piece that didn't fit my car properly and I was wondering if you've gotten it yet and when you might expect to be able to ship out the new one.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

-Badger
i have not recieved it. what address did you send it to?
no. i think there is some delay due to weather.
yea, i just got it from him. fedex didnt leave me a note. but anyways, we have a problem. the trim have hairline cracks all on top. my first fit of cf trim had the same problem when i pulled it off. so i can not do anything for you. you cracked the trim when pulling it off.
i understand...but its not me that will be refunding it. its the shop. they said they wont take it back. if it was me and i have one, i would give you a new one as promise.
this sucks. i can not disclose the shop i am using since i promise them. i dont know what else to do. i am sorry man. let me talk to them today and see what they say.
ok, I can respect that.

I appreciate you talking to them for me, I just hope you understand where I am coming from. If it doesn't fit on the car, I don't see why any damage would make a difference since it won't fit on any e90, its not like they can resell it or anything, it won't fit (unless they just want to rip people off and don't care).

Also, I'm not 100% sure what happened regarding the damage you found. Like I said I took it off very carefully and didn't pry it off from the top or anything like that. I'm not saying I don't believe you that there is damage, I'm just saying the last look I had at the piece before I put it in the box didn't show it being cracked or anything. Was the box in good shape when you received it? Maybe it was damaged during shipping.

Thanks for your help Long.

-Seth
i can send you a pic.
Quote:
ok that pic helps a lot. thank you.

now how would you say those cracks would be made? by flexing the piece too far one way or the other? I am 110% sure that the piece was not like that when I sent it.

I again apologize that you have to be in the middle of this but like I said, this "shop" you are dealing with has some very shady business practices if they won't take it back based on the fact that it doesn't fit, but I'm not going to get into that again as you already know my feelings on that matter.

please test fit it and let me know what you find out.

thanks again
-badger

Quote:
i'm not accusing you of intentionaly damaging the trim. even myself have crack the trim when removing. i am hoping you understand where i am coming from. like you said, the color of the tv is fixable, how do you know the trim wasnt? here is a picture of the crack. i will install it on my car later today to see if i can do some adjustment on it. i've already talk to the distrubutor and they are getting annoyes with me. trust me, i am on your side. but what else do you want me to do when they say no 100 times? there are cracks like that along the whole piece.

i overnighted his part to the address he requested.

Quote:
ok yeah please let me know... they might resend it for free if you inquire about it.
Quote:
Quote:
yeah thats the right one...

I don't know why they would return it to you though?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
trim piece go out today?
Quote:
Quote:
thank you. please send me tracking when you ship it ASAP.

Quote:
Quote:
i dont think you are lying but think about how this looks to me... day after day its always something happening that prevents you from fitting a simple piece of trim to your car. I'm sorry your life is so hectic but good excuse or not, i've been going back and forth with you for almost a month now and NOTHING has been resolved.

just don't even waste any more of my time and please send it back in its broken and bad fitting condition. I'm sick of being let down by you time after time.

Quote:
Quote:
long u didn't get back to me tonight... again. I'm sick of waiting on your empty promises of getting this done. Just send the piece to the address I gave u in Nevada... This has gone way beyond ridiculious. It's been almost if not a full month since I sent u the piece.
yea i know. just when i was going to start on my car, i notice a huge oil leak. i took the car in to the dealer thinking they can find the leak right away. the car is in the dealer now. i will get it back today and check it out tonight. i am not making up excuses. i was really working on my car yesterday til i found the leak. if you want i will show you my paperwork.
i understand. well its just 1 more day. i can send it out if you like but i will fit it today. i want to see what wrong with the part. maybe its something i can repair. but i will overnight it to the address in vegas tomorrow. sory about the delay.
just to let you know that i have tested the part. 1 problem is my cf leather trim does not have the removeable pins like the cf trim and aluminum trim. i will send it out today if i can. the deadline for overnight is at 230pm at my post office. give me the address again.
yes. usps.com eb 463203836 us
for some reason the tracking says its getting sent back to you. can you reconfirm the address you sent it to???
god damn it.....its the address you gave me. the Las Vegas one.

Seth August
c/o Tammy Reyes
7289 Crow Canyon
Las Vegas, NV 89179
i dunno but i just wasted 30 bucks. i will check when i get it back
then once that person got the part he posted this...

O, BTW the cars in my sig are all my cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
DHS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 X1, '15 435i & '98 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
You probably didnt crack it during install but during removing it you did. You pulled it off too hard or too fast and it caused hairline cracks. I did what i can for you. I did what I can, sorry I wasnt able to help you further.
No soup for you and none of my money either. See if you can enroll in a customer relations course at the adult education college. You need it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #56
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
No soup for you and none of my money either. See if you can enroll in a customer relations course at the adult education college. You need it.
hahhahahahahhahaha ... isn't it the other way around? isn't long the one selling soup to you?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #57
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I'm not on anyone's side here, but everyone else here who is chiming in needs to forget about the cracks. It's the fittment that's the issue. The piece was junk to begin with - the cracks didn't make it any more of a piece of junk. Junk is junk...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #58
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

longtran has screwed me too

longtran took my baby away...he took it away...away from me

no seriously though...sounds like the OP is in error here.
      11-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #59
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
wtf???? HAHAHAHHA look at longs itrader...and look at yours..HAHA wow.. you must be a nub.
      11-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #60
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I'm from the eastside so here my 2 Cs

OP should contact the seller whom he got the trims from, not Long

if the item was purchased directly from Long....then thats a diff. story
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #61
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
You said you didn't crack it while installing it. You didn't mention you didn't crack it while removing it until after my post. You need to go after the guy who sold it to you. I don't care whether or not he knows the vendor. That's not the issue here.

Yes, it does matter. He can't resell it. Someone has to take the loss and you put the loss on him. He could have at least sold it at a HUGE discount as a product that doesn't fit quite right, but with those cracks, who wants it? It's literally junk now.

You just contradicted yourself. If it was in pristine condition like you said it was, then you sent it without cracks! So it must have cracked between the time you sent it and when it arrived at Longs. If that is the case, go after the shipping company. Personally, I don't see how it can be cracked like that during shipping as the cracks indicates it came from stress during removal.

And by the way, I don't know Long nor did I ever buy anything from him. I'm just putting myself in both your shoes. Personally, if I cracked it, I would have tossed it and bought another one.

Gary
I didn't crack it, ever. I didn't expect long to pay for it outta his pocket... I expected him to have the people who made it take it back and give him a new one.

Long said specifically in our PM's that he doesn't think was cracked from shipping, so i didn't file a claim... now its past the time I am allowed to file one.

See my problem is that he SHOULDN'T have tried to resell that piece because it didn't fit right.

And I did contact Drew about the issue 1st and told him it didn't fit. He said he talked to Long and his way of fixing it was having me send it to long, and long sending me back a new one which long agreed to.

Last edited by UdubBadger; 11-13-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #62
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I'm not on anyone's side here, but everyone else here who is chiming in needs to forget about the cracks. It's the fittment that's the issue. The piece was junk to begin with - the cracks didn't make it any more of a piece of junk. Junk is junk...
finally someone who understands
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #63
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

Hey Udubbadger sorry to hear about ur CF trim.
I know how it's frustrating to receive a product that's not
a match. You said u got it from E90P and he sold it to you.
U inspected the CF and eyeballed for fitment and it didn't work, it was
a no good part for your car.

I'm surprised you didn't have E90P refund u the money at that point,
E90P just pointed you back to Long?
Why was E90P selln first off, did he have problems with
fitment?
I was surprised u dremel'd the part knowing it wasn't a good fitment.
Personally would've just keep as is and got a replacement, a different one
all together.

Ur out a 100$ bucks, I can sympathize. if anything I would be bitch'n at
myself, lesson learned. It's good to vent, but not bash someone who's
trying to help you. Let the dust settle. I'm telln you after waiting for my VS8 wheels for months i'm zen. but that's something different. Good luck, hope to see ur new CF trim soon, going to look sick.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #64
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
here is all the PMs he sent to me.

i overnighted his part to the address he requested.

then once that person got the part he posted this...

O, BTW the cars in my sig are all my cars.
fine they are all yours, don't play down the fact that you know drew and have gotten him shit tons of stuff for his car.

I gave you so many chances to figure this out man, waiting for almost 2 months is ridiculous and of course I waited till it was delivered back before I posted this... I'm not a fool. Just think you had ALL that time to try and figure out some kind of mutually beneficial agreement but didn't ever attempt to offer one, you just wasted my time and of course I got sick and tired of waiting for you to do something so I asked you to send it back to me. That was your choice to not do the "customer friendly" thing or at least try to in a timely manner. Whether I got it from Drew or you directly... Drew said you would stand behind the poorly fitting piece and when we spoke 1st, you seemed to act like you would also. However now that you can't resell the piece because its cracked now, nothing is in it for you and you decided to just let me eat the cost of the piece. That isn't anything close to being a good guy, vendor, mod, or an ethical business (whether you make a penny or a thousand dollars on an item).

and by the way, the other person took pics... the trim looks even worse than in the pic you sent me.

Your pic

Pics taken yesterday upon receiving

oh and from this pic you can see that when i took my pics to show Long the bad fit... it wasn't cracked

So the cracks had nothing to do with the trim fitting poorly.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #65
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Actually you are missing the point. Long did not sell the trim to the OP he bought it second hand from a third party. The original buyer said it fit fine and then sold it. How is the fitment issue Long's? If there was a fitment issue he should have went to the SELLER to try and address the issue, and wouldn't the original buyer have had the same fitment issues as well?

There are too many things that could of happened between the time that Long sold it to the original buyer and him receiving it back from Udub. Bad install, sloppy uninstall, shipping, etc, etc.

To me it seems like Long was trying to do a favor for the OP, even after reading the PM thread, it appears udub felt that way as well, but when he could not get a replacement due to it being cracked, he changed his tune and then proceeded to act like he was a customer of Long's, which he is not, and tried to place liability on him, which holds no water.

It appears that Long's only error was trying to help someone (WHO IS NOT HIS CUSTOMER). He should of said fuck off from the beginning and send him to the SELLER.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #66
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
Hey Udubbadger sorry to hear about ur CF trim.
I know how it's frustrating to receive a product that's not
a match. You said u got it from E90P and he sold it to you.
U inspected the CF and eyeballed for fitment and it didn't work, it was
a no good part for your car.

I'm surprised you didn't have E90P refund u the money at that point,
E90P just pointed you back to Long?
Why was E90P selln first off, did he have problems with
fitment?
I was surprised u dremel'd the part knowing it wasn't a good fitment.
Personally would've just keep as is and got a replacement, a different one
all together.

Ur out a 100$ bucks, I can sympathize. if anything I would be bitch'n at
myself, lesson learned. It's good to vent, but not bash someone who's
trying to help you. Let the dust settle. I'm telln you after waiting for my VS8 wheels for months i'm zen. but that's something different. Good luck, hope to see ur new CF trim soon, going to look sick.
e90p was just short for an e90post.com user.
i got it from evo911 who said it was new from longtran.

and I wouldn't be bashing someone if they were helping me... he didn't help me, which is why I'm here because he went back on his word and just sent me back a badly cracked up piece of trim.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread