E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Oem angel eye bulb

01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #23
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
why so exepensive!!!!!!!
U've got a blown bulb?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #24
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
U've got a blown bulb?
no no just the prices shocked me, haha!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #25
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
no no just the prices shocked me, haha!
Yea shocked me too. But oh we'll German stuff don't come cheap !
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
matthew721
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

I'm sure it must be easy, not sure exactly where everything is at? :-) is there a DIY walkthrough here, anyone can link me to? thx in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Just want to share something with you guys....I drove by a service dealer hoping that they will change my bulb coz I still have warranty. So I pretended I didn't know what to do. Spoke to this gentlemen and he told me sir, your lights are out. So I said yes it just came up, he told me he can change it for me for $120 and can be done then and there. Knowing how much it cost to buy the bulb from BMW itself $50 for a 2 minute job is outrageous!! I said why so expensive. He told me its a special bulb, so I then ask him does he know what bulb is it, he just said special bulb reluctant to tell me what bulb. I was acting dumb so I asked him does this cover under warranty, he said no(fair enough). I ask him how much it cost for the bulb he told me $100, so insisted me to let them to it since they can do it on the spot. I told him no worries I was passing by and didn't have time.

10 min drive later to nearest repco and paid $40 for the bulb, and loan they flat head screwdriver and replace the bulb on my own! 2 minutes later Job done! Save my self money!

Moral of the story is don't trust what the dealers say until u have done all your research as they are always there to bite you!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
Kevink92
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E92 sport

A few weeks ago I bought a pack of 2 from a company on ebay. The bulbs are from Korea and were $28 the pair including postage. The service was excellent and they arrived within a couple of days. When I opened the box, the bulbs looked blue in colour. The description on the box said they were for "offroad" or "show" use only. Not happy! However, I emailed the company and they replied immediately saying they shone white in use and were police approved. They also said they would gladly refund my money if I wasn't happy. So I replaced the faulty bulb, easy to do, just fiddly. To my surprise, the new bulb shone bright white and the oem bulb shone yellow in comparison. So, I replaced the oem bulb as well. In summary, I'm very happy and for $28, a great deal. A month later, still good!
Appreciate 0