E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Park Ave BMW (Maywood, NJ)

09-19-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
deltron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325xi Monaco Blue

Park Ave BMW (Maywood, NJ)

I was driving back from work this evening and as I pulled out of my offices parking lot I got the tire monitor warning. Initially I thought it was just a malfunction and pulled over the road to stop/start the car again. It remained on.

So I drove to Park Ave which is on the way home from work. Opened up my manual, figured out that it was the tire monitor. I saw I was missing a cap for one my tires but was worried it could also be a nail.

The technicians took the car, checked it out and found a small nail in the middle of the tire. They patched it, which I heard doesn't happen often with RFT; they did say it was a very small puncture/nail. I got assurances that if I get another problem from the tire it will be replaced.

Any who, very quick service (~45 minutes). I bought my car there and purchased the tire insurance. No bills or anything. Nice to see insurance in action. I was told they changed their policy with the insurance company and now they handle everything instead of their customers. A lot of complaints about the process so Park Ave seemed to step up; bravo to them.

I read some of the earlier threads (on the front page actually) with individuals having had bad experiences with these folks. Fortunately I didn't have any. I dropped in, asked for someone to look at my tires and things worked out smoothly.