Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 255/35/18 PSS on Apex ARC-8s on my E90

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #45
LaxIan55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by veer90
I have some fitment issues in the front with my 18x9.5 et35 apex arc-8s. I have continental DWS06 265/35/18 tires. The tire installer said it rubbed on the strut tower and control arms.

What offset are your front wheels? Did you have to roll your fenders?

Basically I may have dun goofed by ordering something too big for my car. Only the rears are on the car right now and it looks sad and goofy lol

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I needed a 5mm spacer up front and mine were et34. You may need a 6mm spacer. What is your camber up front?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 08:08 AM   #46
veer90
Private
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxIan55 View Post
I needed a 5mm spacer up front and mine were et34. You may need a 6mm spacer. What is your camber up front?
I have no idea about exact alignment specs right now, I literally got the car about 2 weeks ago. All I know is it has some negative camber in the front, if I had to guess about 1-1.5 degrees max?

I'm on stock m-sport suspension at 81k miles if that helps.

Sorry for the lack of info
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #47
LaxIan55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea about exact alignment specs right now, I literally got the car about 2 weeks ago. All I know is it has some negative camber in the front, if I had to guess about 1-1.5 degrees max?

I'm on stock m-sport suspension at 81k miles if that helps.

Sorry for the lack of info
Look at the beginning of this thread for my specs and the wheels should fit. Sounds like you may need to buy some camber plates so they don't rub on the fender with the spacers. It is definitely a tight fit but they do fit without rubbing. I would order some spacers and try that first, I already had my camber dialed in before I got these wheels so I never had an issue on the fender side but it is snug for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #48
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veer90 View Post
if I had to guess about 1-1.5 degrees max?
lol not if the car is stock you don't...more like 0.5 degrees max.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #49
veer90
Private
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Thanks good to know lol

Quote:
Look at the beginning of this thread for my specs and the wheels should fit. Sounds like you may need to buy some camber plates so they don't rub on the fender with the spacers. It is definitely a tight fit but they do fit without rubbing. I would order some spacers and try that first, I already had my camber dialed in before I got these wheels so I never had an issue on the fender side but it is snug for sure.
Thanks for the advice. Are you using stock control arms with coilovers? Tire installer mentioned it was rubbing on the strut tower and the control arms.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #50
LaxIan55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Thanks good to know lol

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Are you using stock control arms with coilovers? Tire installer mentioned it was rubbing on the strut tower and the control arms.
Yea stock control arms with BC racing coilovers. It was super tight on the shock body and rubbed with a 3mm spacer but not a 5mm
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 09:59 PM   #51
1fastgsrturbo
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Which bc racing coilers are you using? How many degrees of camber can you dial in with those?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #52
LaxIan55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastgsrturbo
Which bc racing coilers are you using? How many degrees of camber can you dial in with those?
The extreme lows are the ones I am running. I am not positive how many degrees you can get but I am at 1.5 and it looks like it is in the middle of the adjustment range so I bet quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #53
Bours
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan

any acceleration benefits ?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #54
LaxIan55
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
any acceleration benefits ?
Beyond the traction with the wider tires all around, you can definitely feel a difference between my stock wheels and then when I switch them. It's not huge but is noticeable, just feels a little more nimble.
Appreciate 0