E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Northwest Auto Salon = Great Detailing

09-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
JedN
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

Thumbs up Northwest Auto Salon = Great Detailing

Just wanted to share my experience with the guys over at NW auto salon. When I bought my used 2006 330i e90, it came free of charge with a bunch of swirls from the previous owner. I had heard Mirrorworks was a great place to address this kind of problem. They appeared to be closed, but then I learned that one of their detailers, Blake, bought out the owner and renamed the place Northwest Auto Salon.

I took my car over and Blake spent a good deal of time walking me through their process. In talking to him, it was clear how into it he was. He was very generous with his time, and also let me look around the shop. My car was definitely the most low rent in the joint! There were a bunch of Ferraris, Lambourghinis and Ruf Porsches lying around (and they all looked great).

NWAS is located at the eastern base of Magnolia, behind Fisherman's Terminal, which is off 15th. Blake offered me a ride back to town after drop off. They also have wifi and a TV upstairs if you need to pass some time.

Of course, the most important issue is the results and they were fantastic! I love Monaco Blue, but it's a dark color and hard to keep clean and care for. When I got the car back, I realized that I hadn't really seen what the color is -- it's got purples in it that I hadn't realized. The color of the car had become deeper and richer, and, like me, it has hidden depths. I feel like I have a new car.

The before and after photos are a bit dissimilar (as we have ridiculously variable weather in the NW). I tried to show like to like in a couple cases to give you the feel. Blake and his buddies definitely zapped my swirls, and the car seems to look wet all the time now. I'm most definitely satisfied. BTW, apologies about the MSFT dork tag on the rear view mirror in the last shot.

BTW, no personal or financial interest in this shop, just feel good about the results.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0