E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > walmart screwed me... any professional help would be appreciated...

02-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

walmart screwed me... any professional help would be appreciated...

ok... i know this has nothing to do with bmw but i just had bad day and had to vent out...

here's the situation. i bought this hp laptop from walmart down renton store back in 28th of january, 2009. i went into the store and asked for hp laptop on the shelf. sales rep was telling me they don't keep anything on the shelves and she has to pick it up from the back. i was like, ok lets go do that. she asked me to wait outside of storage room and 20 minutes later i picked up the laptop. come to think of it now, i must have to say it was bit weird that i had to wait right in front of storage room for nearly 20+ minutes to just get the laptop...

took it home, opened up the pkg, found out that it's not brand new computer. i mean, there's scratch on top, fan on the bottom cleary shows wear on it and serial numbers not matching up with the box. i was like wth... and took it to the walmart nearby. they told me that since serial numbers not matching up, i'd have to take it to where i bought it from. so i drove all the way down to renton store again and explained it couple more times to reps and managers there. one of the assistant manager there, wii (yes that was his name), told me that the computer was purchased back in 2007 or something and hasn't been returned since so there's nothing he can do now, it'll require more investigation or what not and will contact me regarding this matter as they find something out with this case...

a week went by, nothing happened. so i called this wii guy back and told him what's going on. he said he'll check back with his boss, name frank snowman, and be back. no answer on that day. last friday, i got called from another manager, i think his name was drew i believe, basically stating that after the investigation, they can't return this product because of serial numbers are not matching up and if i still concern about this matter, contact this frank guy from asset protection.

so today, i went ahead and called this frank guy and he's basically repeating a same thing and say we never sell used product and this never happened. so i said it just did happened and i would like to see cctv or any other "investigation" of his... he said bring the laptop with receipt and he will take a look. so i drove down there again through 5 o'clock traffic, hoping he got something on it...

went there, store was really busy, waited 5~10 minutes or so and this frank guy showed up. shook hand and was going to tell him what's going on. yes i said i was going to. he cut me off and look me under and said he'll take a look. he called up another rep to take a look at transaction numbers and nothing showed up. asked same guy to check back on cctv record. apparantly that's not available. he got frustrated and looked at the laptop for like 10 second and took another quick glence at me and sales receipt. next thing i know he's asking me to leave because he "think" that i bought the computer and switch up and trying to return. so i got extremely pissed at that point and asked him "are you accusing me now, you'll be facing lawsuit on yourass for that..." and he said there's nothing going to be done today and he'll call police if i don't leave and kept threatening him.

i asked him his full name and contact info, no answers from him and he just went straight to the back, irnoring me whole time... got some info from some other customer service rep and went out because there's no point stood there by myself...

what i can't stand with it is not only i'm $650 out, but also the way this frank guy treated me. i felt like he's treating me like a teenage-punk trying to make quick bucks by switching the product and return... i never really expected anything like this would ever happen to me, especially from big company like walmart... i'm seriously considering lawsuit against them or something... for now i just needed to vent out and share some moments of my bad-day...

any thought would be appreciated... any lawyer out there???
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
245 sleeper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i convertible

Ouch.........sorry to hear that James. That transaction of picking up the merchandise from the back is already fishy. Laptop @ walmart? why there? I hope you used a credit card for the purchase bec. you can dispute that. Any security camera in the back?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

I would try contacting walmart corporate. They normally dont like the attention it can bring. If they are still being dicks about it.. then call JESSE JONES (he yells out his name) or one of the other TV news investigative reporters. Did you buy it on your Credit Card? You may want to explore disputing the charges.

Thats BS that they dont have the CCTV footage, tell them to find that shit.

Good luck dude, just remember to keep your composure and be professional when your contacting the corporate guys. They probably have a lot of people who scam them by switching the goods on return.
      02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

unfortunately, i used my dibit card... and that pisses me more because i rarely use debit card for purchase...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 245 sleeper View Post
Ouch.........sorry to hear that James. That transaction of picking up the merchandise from the back is already fishy. Laptop @ walmart? why there? I hope you used a credit card for the purchase bec. you can dispute that. Any security camera in the back?
you must meant david...hehe

it seems like this frank guy was trying to locate the record of it but couldn't find it... wth...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

anybody know or was able to find the main office numbers?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep

http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx

Lists a few ways you can contact them.
      02-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Prodipper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [10.00]
This really sucks!!! They have to have to CCTV specially if you use your debit card...usually there's cameras posted in such areas where either cashiers are involved or any form of payment is being taken for a transaction. I think they are being lazy assholes and don't want to really bother with you because they are just under the assumption that your trying to scam them. I don't think getting a lawyer will be worth it specially since its $650 or whatever.....just try to get you money back through the corporate office or atleast an exchange of some sort. Now if you really want to bring a lawyer you have to make the scene a lot bigger than what it is. You would have to accuse them of frisking you and accusing you of stealing and scamming them plus kicking you out the store........ I doubt you would try to do that but just sharing my ideas of how far you would really have to go to get a nice lawsuit pending :-). Next time try to get a Mac instead
,BMW 328i,Arctic Metallic,M tech,Ram Dinan CAI,Bmw Performance Exhaust,Performance spark plugs,Black Line,Euroswitch,Xenon Conversion with HID KIT from Halogens, 199- 19" Star spoke,InteriorTerra Leather,Premium Cold weather package,Led Lights.New> M3 spoiler, angel eyes harness,corner delete MOD,Lux h8.0, LCI 09 Xenon headlights,BMW Performance auto shift knob+boot,vinyl roof,Oem M3 220 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #9
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Yea call JESSE JONES - KING5 NEWS! (877-51-JESSE)

I hate the way that dude always signs off, but this would be a good case to have a TV camera all up in the Renton Wal-Mart. They'd probably be kissing your butt to settle if you get him to talk about your case.

King 5 - Get Jesse
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Forget Jesse, you just need to be persistent and talk to the right people. It sounds like the local store employees are not the right people to talk to. They're probably in on some of the scams like that.
Walmart should have some sort of a loss prevention department, most retail outfits do. You might want to track down somebody in that department and let them know what's going down. My guess is that employee kept the new laptop for himself and did a switch while you were waiting. Pretty scary shit.
Corporate Walmart may be a good place to call as well. At least put the call on record and start a complaint.

Also, if your debit card has a visa or mastercard logo on it you might still be protected. I've filed disputes on charges on my MC debit card before. Wouldn't hurt to contact your bank and check.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Damn this is total bullshit!
Definitely go to corporate and file a huge complaint.
Tell them their fucking employee must have swaped them out!
If they could see that, that laptop was originally purchased in 2007 they can most likely see by who or how it was purchased.
If it wasn't you then that should be a good start.

Why did you go to walmart for a damn laptop in the first place??
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

i wasn't thinking i guess, i went into circuitcity and bestbuy and the one that i saw at the best buy was cheaper and seems to be same or better quality and performance... but i guess i was wrong...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
Forget Jesse...
What! You're crazy. JESSE JONES is about one step better than Chuck Norris. JESSE don't even have to call Wal-Mart - he just needs to think about WalMart and I bet you David would get his money back!

I'm JESSE JONES beyoootch!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

i filed dispute via bank and they told me to make written statement with copy of receipt to fax it out to them to investigate further. i don't know if i want to go media exposure with this matter or even call the cop on this...

i just want this to be settled... but yeah as lot of people mentioned, be careful out there...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

Report to BBB? Give them all you can and they shall learn a lesson.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sadly, there is not much you can do.

It's not that I don't support you, it's just that you have no evidence that Wal-Mart sold you the laptop used.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
Sadly, there is not much you can do.

It's not that I don't support you, it's just that you have no evidence that Wal-Mart sold you the laptop used.
What about the mix-matched serial numbers on the box and laptop and on the receipt for that matter
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
Speed_Addict
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 335i Coupe

Jesse Jones, the BBB are both good options.

Here is just one more for the Washington State Attorney General - they handle consumer complaints as well:

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhand...laintForm.aspx
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #19
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
What! You're crazy. JESSE JONES is about one step better than Chuck Norris. JESSE don't even have to call Wal-Mart - he just needs to think about WalMart and I bet you David would get his money back!

I'm JESSE JONES beyoootch!!

He gonna eff up walmart 4 sho.
      02-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
What about the mix-matched serial numbers on the box and laptop and on the receipt for that matter
How is that proof that the laptop was purchased mis-matched?

I can go to walmart right now and buy a laptop that is the same as the one I am using now, return my old one with the new box and get the same result as hun.

Hun has no proof that when he purchased the laptop it was mismatched. All he has proof for is a receipt and box for the new laptop.

If he wants to get serious about this, he can contact HP to see who the registered owner of the 'new' and 'old' laptop is. He can also contact Wal-Mart to see who purchased that 2007 computer, although this information might be private.

The only way he can get out of this positively is by either bitching like crazy or finding out who swapped the boxes.

NOTE: Buying a laptop with a broken seal box is not smart.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

While it's true that he may not have valid prove, he has the right to let everyone know about it. Who in the right mind would try to return something not matching and pointing it out when doing it? Not to mention how the store manager treated him. If the company cares about customers they should at least look into it, instead of calling him a liar without doing anything. Honestly it's not difficult to look into it either. He knows when/who gave him the merchandise. All in all, it's poor business practice.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

i appreciate your input avant826 and it is how they look at it now, sadly but true...

i filed dispute via my bank and i already contacted walmart headquarter to investigate further as well. i told them that if nothing happends, then i'll go further with this case and make sure to file claims via BBB, AG office and more media exposure. i do not know if i will get what i get but it seems that i'm not the only one that got screwed by walmart like this. some of my friends also had same experiences, although their dollar amount was a lot less, but i'm sure some media will eventually pick this issue up.

NOTE: by the look of it, the seal didn't look like it's broken. if it was that obvious, i wouldn't even bother with it as well...
Appreciate 0