E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Need Help with a ticket

02-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
xplicitstylez
ThreeThrityFLY
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

Need Help with a ticket

i got a reckless driving ticket this morning. There was a double parked truck in a 2 way road and the cop stopped in front of the truck, i didnt see the cops. The officer then gave the truck a ticket and went after me, pulled me over and said how i got too close to the officer and and was driving fast. I have a court date to go to, but i need advice i dont know what to do. I know I have to go to criminal court for this. Please help!
      02-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

You have a couple options...

Depends on how much you want to spend...

Hire a lawyer and get off with paying penalties, and fees, no points.
Or
On your court date go early talk with the prosecutor and ask if you can plea guilty for a lessor "no point" charge. Pay penalties and fees, no points. This may or may not work depending on if the prosecutor is "friendly" or not.

I was just pulled over last night, got hit with laser... I was driving in a pack of cars all doing the same relative speed, but I was the unlucky one to get pulled over...
I was polite to the officer and got off with a warning and a ticket for windshield obstruction for my detector, no points.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

if i had a dime every time i saw one these

Hire a very good lawyer, you're freedom is more important than money, no?

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

mike arbeit
      02-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

Have a fantastic lawyer. About 10 people I know have used him so far. He's gotten kids off with 100+, street racing, regular speeding, etc. You name it. EXTREMELY competitive on price. He's great.

Neil Miller

Say you're from the BMW forums & Dan with the black BMW referred you. He'll understand by now.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Quiet Money
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Pre LCI 335i TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
Have a fantastic lawyer. About 10 people I know have used him so far. He's gotten kids off with 100+, street racing, regular speeding, etc. You name it. EXTREMELY competitive on price. He's great.

Neil Miller

Say you're from the BMW forums & Dan with the black BMW referred you. He'll understand by now.
Hey Fatal,
Do you mind if I contact your lawyer and see if he can help me out with a lesser charge? Improper turn signal,lol. And two other tickets for illegal tint..one for each window,smh. I'm not worried about the tint since they don't take points but I don't want any points on my license even though the signal is two points.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Money View Post
Hey Fatal,
Do you mind if I contact your lawyer and see if he can help me out with a lesser charge? Improper turn signal,lol. And two other tickets for illegal tint..one for each window,smh. I'm not worried about the tint since they don't take points but I don't want any points on my license even though the signal is two points.
^ Yeah I used him for the most minuscule things.

Disclaimer: Everyone is allowed to contact this guy! No permission necessary! Just trying to help forum members out
Appreciate 0