E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 23 Seconds of the Mexican Drug War

12-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #23
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
doesnt make it any less dramatic. . .that was horrible.
I agreed. I was just wondering how the crime rate is lately due to the influx of new businesses in mexico with the decline of the US economy. Many ppl go across the border to buy cheap medications (can't afford it in US) during this time and businesses in mexico are picking up dramatically for many towns closer to the border.
      12-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Just horrible. I can't believe someone would have the mindset to do this. Innocent people, man...and then to shoot a woman while she is down...just sick. RIP.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
Seems like that entire country's culture teachers people to fuck other people over to get ahead. I've never been so disgusted at the mindset of people as when I went on vacation thru mexico. Its almost like they all teach their children to lie/cheat/steal their way thru life.

Not to say everyone from Mexico is like that... im sure plenty of honest folks came over here for a decent living, but when so much garbage comes across the border with em I say we shut down the border and start hauling the illegals back to where they belong.

My parents waited many years to be able to come study/work in the US... the attitude of some that they have a right to immigrate here w/o papers is
I hope that is not the case and it could be an isolated thing you see in one small town. I have never been to mexico so I have no opinion on their culture. I do not plan to go accross the border with all this violence I hear and read about the drug lords there.

Things are worse in 2008 as indicated by this statement:
MEXICO UNDER SIEGE
Death toll in Mexico's drug war surges
Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora says 5,376 people have been killed so far in 2008, more than twice the toll for the first 11 months of 2007.

link to the 2008 reports on violence in mexico: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1654684.story

This is basically murder for hire and the drug lords will do what it takes against those who stand in their way of gaining more power.