E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > One of my favorite mods...

07-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
dgrott328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328i Coupe

One of my favorite mods...

I have had my car for a few months now and have yet to put a cd in it. I always use my iphone or ipod however having the cord attached always bugged me. I did some research here and online and found out about the Blackberry gateway.
HTML Code:
http://crackberry.com/review-blackberry-remote-stereo-gateway
It streams audio via bluetooth and syncs up with many phones including the iphone. You just plug it into your aux port and the 12v plug in the armrest and you can then play your music wirelessly with great audio quality. The whole mod only costs about $45 so if anyone else is like me and does not like having to plug in your audio source every time, i highly recommend this mod. It syncs up to my iphone within seconds of turning on the car. Im sure many of you have heard of this but i just wanted to suggest it to others as it is one of my favorite mods. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

BLACK SAPPHIRE CORAL RED
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
danchee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 40i

Does your car have built in bluetooth interface? Wondering if we sync to this device to play audio, will the phone also sync with the on board bluetooth handsfree system to answer/make calls.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

So it comes with the cigarette car charger? If this works with the Hero i'm getting it asap.
      07-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
Ovalcram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchee View Post
Does your car have built in bluetooth interface? Wondering if we sync to this device to play audio, will the phone also sync with the on board bluetooth handsfree system to answer/make calls.
Yeah, it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
So it comes with the cigarette car charger? If this works with the Hero i'm getting it asap.
works with mini USB
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
dgrott328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328i Coupe

Unfortunately it does not come with a car charger but i just bought one for $4 at marshalls and then i bought a usb-mini usb adapter (very common cord). You have to make sure the car charger is a low profile one so to speak so that you are able to shut the armrest. I also bought a better quality audio cord as i felt that the one that came with it was kinda cheap. All the supplies can easily be bought at an electronics store for relatively inexpensive. Here is the picture of the charger i got and it works perfectly. It is made by iLuv.

BLACK SAPPHIRE CORAL RED
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Here is a pretty nice one also. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ci_sku=9235302

This is what it looks like on our cars http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...ht=usb+charger
      07-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
IlChengis
once Treppiede
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
Here is a pretty nice one also.
Cool indeed, very clean.

Too bad BestBuy is such a shitty overpriced retailer. It's on "sale" for $20 + tax (used to be $25), but here it is on eBay ($13 shipped without the cable, $17 with - at the time of my search, YMMV).

-Walter

PS= the iLuv one is currently on eBay for $12 shipped, might want to check your local Marshalls and see if you get lucky.