E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > remote start questions

07-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

remote start questions

does bmw offer a remote starter? if so can it be put in the key? does any brand offer that, i want remote starte but i hate having a bulky keychain. it would be nice to fit it into the key, and just have a sequence to start/stop..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
jamesr316
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Coupe

I don't believe BMW offers this. There is a comfort access option which allows you to drive with the fob out of its usual spot, but I believe you still need to have the key to start it up originally. I think you are going to have to look aftermarket. I bet you can program it into your BMW key. I saw on one of the posts on this site (sorry, dont have a link) there is software you can get to program exactly what you want the buttons on your key fob to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

I would get the Viper or Clifford Responder One - tiny 1-button remote with about half a mile of range. Get the DLPK and the BMW option kit and it installs very pro.

BMW fobs have crappy range.
Appreciate 0