E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Build Thread - E92 335D

08-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Cool Build Thread - E92 335D

My official thread which I've edited and resized pics for more ease of view.

The pics below are the day I picked her up, July 2012. You'll see from this thread her transformation.

My end result will hopefully be a very fine, aggressive(ish) looking E92 335D which will have take shape before Summer this year with most of the bits already sourced.

As the weather now starts to clear up, I will be getting the items installed.

Audio has been ongoing (see here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762170) since September 2012, slowly building up my list of items to be installed. I can finally say I'll be picking her up this weekend and I can't wait!

The plans are ofcourse more concrete now than they were the day I picked her up so rather than me list them out, stay tuned and keep reading... the thread will continually get updated with pics!

A very brief list of things I've done till date include:
- Rear plate Lights
- BC BR Series Coilovers
- Bought new Rims (19") and;
- Full Audio

What's to come:
- Stay tuned for some good lookin' and custom / individual mods

Sam
Attached Images

Last edited by AWBimmer; 01-15-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

looking nice mate roll on the mods looks like were both be progressing at the same time should be fun
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
looking nice mate roll on the mods looks like were both be progressing at the same time should be fun
Gonna' be guuuuddd
      08-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
mccoy
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport touring

Nice car, love those wheels! get those brakes painted when you fit the suspension though, makes a world of difference!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

looks sweet mate!!!!

maybe in the meantime before you get new wheels, get these wheels done in anthracite!

once your car is dropped and spacers with slightly darker wheels it will completely transform the look of the car!!! a cheaper way to get an aggressive road presence

the contrast would be nice speak to dips as you know he is the main for wheels!
      08-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
yeti racing
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 330d M Sport

Cool LEDS

Not sure on them wheels though, the US lads seem to love them! What rims you thinking about getting then?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #7
Azlondon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ESS 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
looks sweet mate!!!!

maybe in the meantime before you get new wheels, get these wheels done in anthracite!

once your car is dropped and spacers with slightly darker wheels it will completely transform the look of the car!!! a cheaper way to get an aggressive road presence

agreed, that will look great with different colour wheels and spacers.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Leave the standard Rims, and leave them silver. They look great!
      08-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Look forward to seeing the ride height with coilovers!

LED's look great, I think I need to do the same thing to mine!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Nice car, love those wheels! get those brakes painted when you fit the suspension though, makes a world of difference!
I'm due to replace my brakes all round in Nov so when the new ones are ordered I might look into getting the calipers painted then :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
looks sweet mate!!!!

Cheers Sumil! I'm not 100% I want new wheels tbh, definitely not this year with the summer almost over, I'll stick to these as I actually love these style alloys! About Anthractie, they do look awesome but I need to see it to judge how it wold look, so if anyone can Photshop a quick one using the above, that would be amazing!

I'm def interested in giving it a somewhat aggressive stance, should I also put spacers at the front as well as the rear? I'll be planning to head to STS next week to get that done but wanted to know what people think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti racing View Post
Cool LEDS

Not sure on them wheels though, the US lads seem to love them! What rims you thinking about getting then?
I def love these wheels and don't plan on binnin them off hehe. I think a drop and spacer + tint will definitely get me in the right direction to the desired look :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Leave the standard Rims, and leave them silver. They look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
Look forward to seeing the ride height with coilovers!

LED's look great, I think I need to do the same thing to mine!
Teddy @ SSDD mate!
      08-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #11
yeti racing
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 330d M Sport

Ive been speaking to Teddy about his LED kit, was going to order today until I realised I don't actually know how many bulbs I need for the interior lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Car's gone in for Lowerage today should be picking it up for Sunday. No hunter machine alignmenet but a trusted guy I hear.. The guys fitting is a forum sponsor on EvoT Cannot wait to get it back
      08-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Some Pics of the ride lowered - picked up this evening and had a 30mile journey home to get a good feel for it. I have to say, as MUCH as I have fallen in love with the look, I can't seem to get round thinking this is the ride quality I'll have to put up with now! :-(

Firstly, it's too Low for me and secondly coming from an SE to this, it's a MASSIVE change so its very low for me and stiff. I plan to get it raised from all 4 corners and play with the damper settings to make it more comfortable. I think I'm also going to look for new rims with NON RFTs :-( That or I just stick my OE springs back on and be happy with them! It's not the coilovers themselves actually, its the height n it's settings! It's the lowest car I've ever been in so I'm bound to feel the change!

Its just far too low for me esp roads I'm on, I had to go sideways on some bumps and It's not so practical but what do I do? I don't fance spending Massive dosh on new Rims n NonRFTs.. but I also don't want to lose the dropped 'look'.. I'm only after something near the M Sport droppage, maybe a TAD TAD bit lower but we're talking micro mm here.

Don't know what to do.. Should I keep the Coils little longer, raise and adjust damp settings for more comfort and still have it lower than SE or stick the SE stuff back on --------help!??

Just a couple quick iPhone pics and BIG props to the person who fit these on such short notice as he knew I wanted it before Gaydon.. thanks Dips (EvoT forum sponsor / PBMW mod).

Comments welcome
Attached Images

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-12-2012 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

looks awsome mate, I'm used to bumpy and low cars so it wouldnt matter to me i used to have to go over speed bumps side ways all the time, its what you have to put up with for the look, it all depends what you want more mate, comfort or looks.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
looks awsome mate, I'm used to bumpy and low cars so it wouldnt matter to me i used to have to go over speed bumps side ways all the time, its what you have to put up with for the look, it all depends what you want more mate, comfort or looks.
Thanks man, I know I can't fault the looks, but can't help feel it's TOO low for my personal taste. Have I just wasted money If I don't like it this low and want it a bit higher...? All I know is that SE is too high from the fronts IMO and M Sport is just about there... if a TAD bit lower than M SPORT that would be ideal but this is way too low for me plus with RFTs I feel like Im driving on bare metal LOL.

Plus this low means I can't exactly put my foot down incase of stupid unexpected crappy road / potholes which means I have to let the 330Ds and other 335Ds go ahead lol...

WHAT TO DO?? :-(
      08-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

hmmm what you reli need is se shocks then lower springs, i think m sport as you say is nerli there just abit lower, im not sure what the eibach sports springs lower it to exactly i no some one on here put them on his m sport and said it didnt look any different, as they are fitted now i would raise it up abit to make it practicle and see if you can get used to the stiff ness and teeth chattering, if not swap them bac and just get some sports spring n you get it abit lower)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
From an SE to this?

SE 335 suspension is the same as Msport, EXACTLY THE SAME. Obviously including ride height.

It looks very low on the coilovers. A little too low.
      08-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
hmmm what you reli need is se shocks then lower springs, i think m sport as you say is nerli there just abit lower, im not sure what the eibach sports springs lower it to exactly i no some one on here put them on his m sport and said it didnt look any different, as they are fitted now i would raise it up abit to make it practicle and see if you can get used to the stiff ness and teeth chattering, if not swap them bac and just get some sports spring n you get it abit lower)
Yeah you're referring to ISH who put Eibach springs but they're v dependent on car engine size. His is 2lt so the front end isn't v heavy which means barely any drop. ON the 335x ESP the D's it does drop but not as low as mine has. I can get used to 'teeth chattering' but not the scraping which is what it's doing now! ;-( I'll raise it up and get it aligned mid week as haven't had a chance to align and stick with that a couple of weeks to see how I feel. If still not good, I'll rethink and put the coils up for sale and you can get 1st or 2nd dibs depending on whether the other person wants to buy lol. Can you hang on a few weeks for them IN CASE I do decide to sell em on?
      08-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

wel i wana lower mine and put front carbon lip spoiler so hopefully i dont scrap to much mate dont worry about me you put them forsale and do what you need to im in no rush i should be saving and paying off my holiday really so dont worry about me, if there forsale n i hav the money i wil let you no how much did they end up lowering the car by then? and how close is the rear on the inner arch
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
From an SE to this?

SE 335 suspension is the same as Msport, EXACTLY THE SAME. Obviously including ride height.

I believe there is MINOR difference between them but not exatly sure what though. It is too low for me so am guessing to raise it first off and then try and get used it for a bit.... if nt... back onto SE susp.

Weird. I'm 25 only and find this sh*t too low! Is something wrong with me?! I scraped twice and my heart was in pain!! LOL
      08-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
From an SE to this?

the se suspension is softer for better comfort.......
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I believe there is MINOR difference between them but not exatly sure what though. It is too low for me so am guessing to raise it first off and then try and get used it for a bit.... if nt... back onto SE susp.

Weird. I'm 25 only and find this sh*t too low! Is something wrong with me?! I scraped twice and my heart was in pain!! LOL
see im 24 thats y i can cope with it haha old boy
Appreciate 0