E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Misfire reoccur??

05-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Can a misfire reoccur on same cylinder if all spark plugs been replaced and that same injector and coil have also been replaced.

Changed cyl 2&3 coils and injectors like 8 months ago. Just reinstalled tune and now a misfire on cyl 3 plus loss of power on wot with increased boost. Also sounds like. Subaru with exhaust lol
      05-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
Can a misfire reoccur on same cylinder if all spark plugs been replaced and that same injector and coil have also been replaced.

Changed cyl 2&3 coils and injectors like 8 months ago. Just reinstalled tune and now a misfire on cyl 3 plus loss of power on wot with increased boost. Also sounds like. Subaru with exhaust lol
You might have to change spark plugs again... I had my plugs replaced by BMW and only about 12,000 miles later, I started getting misfires. Replaced spark plugs and misfires are completely gone. And the plug that was in the misfiring cylinder was visibly worn down more than the other spark plugs.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Could be fuel pump too. But to answer your question, yes, it could be one of the same parts again. It sucks, but it could happen.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Could bad O2 sensors also cause this?? I also get random shaking while driving....
      05-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Eracer76
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i

Who installed the parts? Do you know for sure if the injectors were coded properly, or if the coupler rings were installed on the injectors? You'd be surprised how even BMW dealers miss those things. Because even a non coded injector with a missing coupler ring will still work ok for awhile, but throw a tune on it, and will go bad quickly... Dont ask me how I know... Let's just say now that my car is out of warranty, it's never going back to a dealer again!
2009 Z4 35i 6mt, SpeedTech 6266 Gen2 turbo kit, Tial WG, VRSF 7.5 race IC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, Radium Fuel cell w/ surge tank and twin Walbro 525 pumps, Radium FPR and return line, Bluetooth ethanol sensor, Phoenix intake manifold w/PI, JB4 tuner, PR coil packs, Custom oil cooler, ECS Radiator, Spec 3+clutch, Mfactory flywheel, single 3.5" into dual 3" exhaust, H&R springs, 19" TSW wheels, 235/19 & 275/19 RE11 tires
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eracer76
Who installed the parts? Do you know for sure if the injectors were coded properly, or if the coupler rings were installed on the injectors? You'd be surprised how even BMW dealers miss those things. Because even a non coded injector with a missing coupler ring will still work ok for awhile, but throw a tune on it, and will go bad quickly... Dont ask me how I know... Let's just say now that my car is out of warranty, it's never going back to a dealer again!
BMW mech actually
      05-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Update. Did a couple pulls today on map 5. I got that reduced power feeling and CEL flashing. Codes are misfires on 4 5 6 cyl and on multiple cyl plus the obvious lambda codes. Yesterday the misfire was only on cyl 3. Weird.....