E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > got pulled over last night :(

05-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #23
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
You gave your 335 or 530 over to a drunk that had 2 prior DUI's? Wow. I am glad you learned from your mistake. Next time if you want to stay and someone wants to go, get them a cab, or tell them it's not their choice.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Wow I love the shit that I get for telling him to do the right thing.

No one should feel sorry for the OP, no one should sympathize with him/her.

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

An impounded car is much better then death, prison, or killing someone else.

Maybe if the rest of the world was intolerant of assholes drinking and driving maybe it would stop.

But since you guys are not, I guess I'm not preaching to anyone here - I guess the choir is a bunch of asshole drunk drivers too.

The bottom line is the car was impounded because both people were drunk. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that, but if you want their opinion I will gladly ask my colleagues. In my book this entire driving, getting pulled over situation falls under the "Tough Shit" category of life - that it's too bad, but you should have probably done the right thing in the first place which includes:

1. Calling a Cab
2. Calling a sober friend
3. Using public transportation
4. And in some states - Calling the police - yes, police will give you a free ride home in some states and counties if you don't drive home drunk.

Don't hold the OPs hand in this situation, you should be irritated by it because he/she put your lives at danger.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #25
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3333555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

Maybe if the rest of the world was intolerant of assholes drinking and driving maybe it would stop.

But since you guys are not, I guess I'm not preaching to anyone here - I guess the choir is a bunch of asshole drunk drivers too.

The bottom line is the car was impounded because both people were drunk. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that, but if you want their opinion I will gladly ask my colleagues. In my book this entire driving, getting pulled over situation falls under the "Tough Shit" category of life - that it's too bad, but you should have probably done the right thing in the first place which includes:

1. Calling a Cab
4. And in some states - Calling the police - yes, police will give you a free ride home in some states and counties if you don't drive home drunk.

Don't hold the OPs hand in this situation, you should be irritated by it because he/she put your lives at danger.
i agree with everything you say execpt for the part about the car getting impounded b/c 2 ppl were drunk? are you trying to say it was impouneded b/c there was noone to drive it? if that's the case you are wrong b/c i was a block away from home and i called my uncle. he came right away and the car still got towed the officer said it was b/c the driver had previous DUIs. I wish i could some how meet up with the officer and apologize to him. I know i was rude/stupid/drunk.... oh well life goes on, but no more drinking and driving/riding/flying
      05-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #26
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, well you're right, that is bullshit; Sorry if I didn't read that right.

Shouldn't have your car impounded for your friend's priors

I'm sorry that I'm harsh on you, it's unfair to be so to a stranger on an online forum - but it is my duty to do so. I have seen too many injuries and deaths for stupidity.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #27
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
makes much sense to me PAM, thks for your comments
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #28
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Everything you said is probably fine, but I'm sure the OP doesn't need the lecture. If you're old enough to be on this forum and have a license, then you should be mature enough to know right from wrong. And you know what? Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes mistakes can get people killed. Thankfully, this isn't one of those times. All in all, lessons were probably learned without the e-lecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

1. Calling a Cab

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #29
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Everything you said is probably fine, but I'm sure the OP doesn't need the lecture. If you're old enough to be on this forum and have a license, then you should be mature enough to know right from wrong. And you know what? Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes mistakes can get people killed. Thankfully, this isn't one of those times. All in all, lessons were probably learned without the e-lecture.

No, everyone needs the lecture. People on average drive drunk 50-82 times before getting stopped once.

Certainly it was a cumulative mistake on the OP's part - impaired judgment led to letting someone 'less drunk' drive, but unfortunately he didn't know about the prior's of the friend.

Regardless, the most responsible thing to do, since we can all afford BMWs is to go to the Sharper Image and throw a Breath Alcohol ($99-$150) device in your glove box.

This won't only save lives, but keep people from the tickets and impounds that they are REALLY worried about.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #30
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
now there's some constructive advice----the breathalyzer

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #31
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
now there's some constructive advice----the breathalyzer
that's a great idea... where would i get someting like that? They finally let him go.. he has to go back to court july something, he's still looking for a good lawyer. even tho this is a his 3rd DUI he seems like a nice person.. i dont know.. i hope things work out for the guy....
      05-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #32
MDman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr View Post
that's a great idea... where would i get someting like that? They finally let him go.. he has to go back to court july something, he's still looking for a good lawyer. even tho this is a his 3rd DUI he seems like a nice person.. i dont know.. i hope things work out for the guy....
With 3 DUI, and the ordeal that you went through, you still worry for this guy that you know little about!!!?? Another thing, aren't you Peruvian? One country away from mine! The cop might have been racial profiling... I don't see why he would lock your car....
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #33
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDman View Post
With 3 DUI, and the ordeal that you went through, you still worry for this guy that you know little about!!!?? Another thing, aren't you Peruvian? One country away from mine! The cop might have been racial profiling... I don't see why he would lock your car....
even tho he has gotten 3 DUIs he seems like a nice guy... even tho i was drunk it is my fault for letting him drive so i kinda feel guilty.... i hope things turn out okay for him. and the cop racial profiling hhmm... i dont think so.. he was actually very nice in the other hand i was being a dick to him!!! that's why i kind of want to say sorry to him... i dont know... and it is the law to impound the car and lock it for 30 days... trust me i have been reading alot about it. YES im Peruvian...
      05-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #34
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr View Post
even tho he has gotten 3 DUIs he seems like a nice guy... even tho i was drunk it is my fault for letting him drive so i kinda feel guilty.... i hope things turn out okay for him. and the cop racial profiling hhmm... i dont think so.. he was actually very nice in the other hand i was being a dick to him!!! that's why i kind of want to say sorry to him... i dont know... and it is the law to impound the car and lock it for 30 days... trust me i have been reading alot about it. YES im Peruvian...
Hey, my bro in law is Peruvian.

were you at the last meeting we had at Passport?

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #35
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep

no, but i went to the UMD event not as many bimmers as i expected