E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > no fifo buffers in Port settings...

04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
I am getting the following errors in NCS now:

and

the last one is when I try to read the ECU.

It seems like the cable is timing out or something because sometimes I can unplug and replug the cable and it'll bypass an error, but that doesn't seem correct.

The car is always in the ON position while I work on it.
As for the errors in the registry, you need to go into Ediabas folder and look into the hardware folder and then run the OBDsetup and it will give you the correct values on the registry. Once those values are changed and the status of the OBD setup page shows all values to be ok, then you will not get the second error page as the connection is configured properly

Last edited by cn555ic; 04-01-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Those registry errors are probably from forgetting to right-click OBDSetup.exe mentioned in the DIY and choosing "Run as Administrator" rather than just clicking it. On Vista and 7, if UAC is enabled, the app won't have the permissions it needs to complete its tasks without doing a run as admin, and since the Command Prompt window disappears right away you probably wouldn't have seen the errors.

Good thing you saved your original PATH data, because yes wiping all of that out just to add the proper EDIABAS path would probably have broken a lot of other apps on your system.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 04-01-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Those registry errors are probably from forgetting to right-click the batch file mentioned in the DIY and choosing "Run as Administrator" rather than just clicking it. On Vista and 7, if UAC is enabled, the batch file won't have the permissions it needs to complete its tasks without doing a run as admin, and since the Command Prompt window disappears right away you probably wouldn't have seen the errors.

Good thing you saved your original PATH data, because yes wiping all of that out just to add the proper EDIABAS path would probably have broken a lot of other apps on your system.
No he just needs to run the OBDsetup and the errors will be corrected...If values are off then he needs to change the values on the registry..

To do this simply goto the windows start and then on the bottom type in regedit to enter the registry and change the values..
Key_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\service s\serial

There you can make all the values correct after the OBDsetup.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #26
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
No he just needs to run the OBDsetup and the errors will be corrected...If values are off then he needs to change the values on the registry..

Key_local_machine\system
Sorry, that's what I was thinking of when I said batch file. But yes it does need to be run with elevated privileges if UAC is enabled. I never had to make any manual registry changes using the proper drivers setting the cable to COM1.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #27
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Sorry, that's what I was thinking of when I said batch file. But yes it does need to be run with elevated privileges if UAC is enabled. I never had to make any manual registry changes using the proper drivers setting the cable to COM1.
Ok I guess we meant the same thing then! Yeah I have installed a couple of setups and the OBDsetup values were always off...Especially the start value and the tag values seems to be missing on the registry for some reason. This is not my pic but the start value was also off As mine was at 3 and expected value was 1, and there was a warning, but my tag value was totally missing and I had to add that value into the registry to make everything show 'OK'. On this picture look at the tag value which is way off! You need to make sure all the values are what is expected or else the chance of screwing something up when you decide to code the car will be greater since the obd cable is not 100% configured correctly. I know there are many that have these values and don't even realize to check them.
Attached Images

Last edited by cn555ic; 04-01-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0