E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Convenient Access . . . .

07-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 / E46M3

Convenient Access . . . .

Really f'ed off! Neighbour just knocked on and said all my windows were open. God knows how long they've been like that. Bit damp inside but nothing bad. God knows how I got away with it but I'll just count my lucky stars. Esp given I've not even been near my car for around 3 days!

Question is, is there a way to disable this stupid convinient access thing where by you can open or close all the windows by holding the buttons on the remote control? Please tell me there is a way as otherwise I'll be continuously worrying about it now.

Hope everyone's enjoying the tennis!

Phil
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

hmmmm, It could probably be coded off with the right equipment but I'm no expert.

Is it likely to happen to you again? You have to press and hold the open button until all the windows are right the way down, its more than just a quick press one time if you know what I mean.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

I am pretty sure your dealer can do this , it happened on one of our cars at work and when I asked the dealer I kinda remember them offering to disable if it was a problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

You can certainly disable it.
I am not sure if autologic has option for it, but if you take it to dealer, and with dealer equipment you need to 'turn off' comfort acess option in one of your module.

See sticky thread 'coders in UK' and I guess there are two indy in your region.
Worth of calling them and they should be able to help you.

All the best.
      07-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks guy. It's going in on Friday anyway so I'll ask the dealer to sort it. Definitely something I can live without!

Its obviously me that's caught the button unintentionally. That's why I'm worried. If ive done it one I can do it again. Just taken it out for an hour with the heaters on full blast. Definitely know it can get got in there now. Feel like I've been in the gym!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
The lazy close, lazy open function is not specific to comfort access, it also applies to non comfort access cars as well. Do you intend to disable all the comfort access features?

This has happened to other people before but it is a rare occurrence, it's not going to happen repeatedly (i.e. it does seem to happen without the button being held down but it's a rare blip in the system not a frequently occurring practice.)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
The lazy close, lazy open function is not specific to comfort access, it also applies to non comfort access cars as well. Do you intend to disable all the comfort access features?

This has happened to other people before but it is a rare occurrence, it's not going to happen repeatedly (i.e. it does seem to happen without the button being held down but it's a rare blip in the system not a frequently occurring practice.)
I don't think he mentioned that he has comfort access (keyless drive & lock/unlock). I think he is just using the term convenient access to refer to the windows bit.

Either way, if they can disable it they can could do one without the other.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep

I've definitely not got comfort access (was too tight!). It's just the standard fob that you stick in the dash.

Been out the car this evening and a bit of condensation around the windows so there's a bit of damp in there but seats all ok and unmarked etc so I'm a very lucky boy. I'll just take it out for a few runs this week with the blowers on and maybe order some of those bags silicon balls that you stick in camera bags to soak up moisture. Should do the trick.

Will update the post after I've spoken to Bluebell on Friday re what can and can't be turned on and off by them.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Technically, it require changing one line in one of your module.
I am speaking form personal experience.

All the best.