E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Progman update

04-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

Progman update

I wanted to know did any of the older progman updates effect the shift points of our cars. I was inducing limpmodes from 3rd to 4th gear shifts and I noticed that this began back in nov when I got my progman update. ever since then if I run higher then 11psi at redline I get a limp and a SES light the code I get is Cylinder 6 misfire. I have changed the plugs and coils twice and that didnt resolve it. When I took it into BMW they said that I was over-reving the car, however I have a step. So im thinking the Progman update may have changed the shift points. I talked to my advisor and they said that they cant replicate the issue since they have no where to take the car to 100mph safely so I would have to pay for the update a total of $375.
Appreciate 0