Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Ordering from Mod Bargains, is it safe?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazaa93 View Post
100%. They don't accept credit card or PayPal.
Mod Bargains does take credt cards though... I just went on the site to check. I'm not sure I'm following what's going on here.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
mazaa93
Das it.
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidian View Post
Mod Bargains does take credt cards though... I just went on the site to check. I'm not sure I'm following what's going on here.
Not for international orders.
      05-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
probably so they don't get hit with charge backs when they refuse to handle return shipping on defective items
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #26
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:
Ah I see. I guess they don't consider Canada an international order, even though on the drop down menu any country other than the US is "international".
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #27
AF335iE92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: alpine white 335i E92

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Alan@MB big help, all my parts for my E92 I get directly from modBG, great service , I'm happy with all my previous purchase no complaint, good luck OP
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
07335ibmrblack
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 i black

I just order some 359's from mod bargains. Service was top notch. Frank was the man. Very informative and I received my tracking number a few hours after I completed my order. Wheels arrived three days later. I would recommend them to anyone!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

I have bought over 3k in stuff from those guys. Great service. Not sure about all this credit card stuff but they most likely have it resolved?
I have never had any problems with them
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #30
Moony
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F32 435i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
I bought a cps lip from them and everything went smooth and shipping was normal.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #31
MrRager
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I had an absolutely horrible experience with them a while back. Ordered some Avant Garde wheels they were advertising for the X5 and had a photo of mounted on an X5. Got them, bought my tires, and then went to get them put on the car. Turns out the center bore doesn't fit the X5, and the wheels were too narrow anyway.

After much emailing, they said that the wheels should have been bored out before being shipped. At no point before ordering or in their description do they mention anything about boring the wheels. Totally dishonest, and I can imagine I'm not the only person who didn't want bored wheels, instead wanting wheels actually designed for the vehicle. The best they could offer is that I could ship the wheels back to them and they'd bore them, or they'd pay for a shop to bore them and I could take them there.

After much, much more fighting, they finally agreed to take them back - but only if no tires had ever been mounted on the wheels. Unbelievable - god forbid someone were to trust a retailer to send what was advertised, and then go ahead and mount the tires! Anyway, I went through the hassle of packing them up and shipping them back, and heard nothing from them and no refund. After a few more calls (and never receiving any of the callbacks they promised), I finally got through. They said they would provide a refund only once an Avant Garde rep came and inspected the wheels.

Again, absolutely ridiculous. What was clearly happening is that they were returning the wheels to Avant Garde (or having them drop shipped), and weren't willing to refund my purchase unless they got their money back. Any professional business would eat the cost when they make a mistake and dishonestly advertise a product, but Mod Bargains is not a professional or honest business. Not by a long shot.

Finally, after more time hassling them and threats of legal action from my end, I finally heard back. They were going to refund my money, but during the inspection they determined one of the wheels to be damaged and used. Completely untrue - I went over the wheels meticulously before sending them back, even polishing them with a microfiber cloth to get rid of finger oils. Then here they were accusing me of damaging the product that they sent me in error and falsely advertised, even making it sound as if they were doing me a favor in giving me a refund ("we don't normally do this, but we've managed to get you a refund"). Unbelievable audacity or perhaps a total lack of self-awareness; I don't know which. A couple weeks later the refund was finally posted.

The moral of the story here is: stay far, far away from Mod Bargains. I've never dealt with such a dishonest company with such horrible customer service.
sounds like a supplier issue, not a vendor issue.
      06-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
sounds like a supplier issue, not a vendor issue.
A store should stand by the products they sell, not simply act as a drop shipper. If you have a problem with a product you buy from any reputable online merchant, they don't refuse or delay a refund until they know they can get their inventory cost back from the manufacturer. They refund it as they should and then take care of things with the manufacturer on their own time.

The real point here is that Mod Bargains falsely and deceptively advertised a product, sent something that did not fit my vehicle, and then had to be fought with in order to provide a refund. Absolutely unacceptable.
      06-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
DanielGonz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i 6 speed

They were great! Frank at MB helped me out. Cool guy.

07 AW E92 335 6MT [18" OEM 193's For Sale, PM me]
OEM Aero Lip | OEM Gloss Black Kidney Grills | KW V2 | Vorsteiner CSL trunk | M-Tech Rear Bumper | LCI Rear Taillights | Angel ibright Angel Eyes | 3000K HID fogs | 6000k HID low beams | AFE DCI | Full LED conversion
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 11:19 PM   #34
335diesel
Rep
Drives: 335d Alpine White

I see a lot of people defending them, and I believed those posts when I scanned these threads a few weeks ago before shelling out 2k with them.

Then they sat on my order for a week and every time I contacted them they lied to me and said "order should go out today" daily for four business days in a row.

I told them at the beginning of the conversation that I needed them by date X and they said "sure this order should go out within 24 hours which should give plenty of time." It's been a week and the order hasn't even left the boundaries of California.

They will take your money, lie to you and waste your time.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
mazaa93
Das it.
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
I see a lot of people defending them, and I believed those posts when I scanned these threads a few weeks ago before shelling out 2k with them.

Then they sat on my order for a week and every time I contacted them they lied to me and said "order should go out today" daily for four business days in a row.

I told them at the beginning of the conversation that I needed them by date X and they said "sure this order should go out within 24 hours which should give plenty of time." It's been a week and the order hasn't even left the boundaries of California.

Not sure how you came across this thread when it's 3 years old haha!

I figured that, I could tell they were playing games with me back then, so I tend to avoid them.

Only company I'm going through now is iND - top quality service and parts. Highly recommend them.
      06-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #36
modojojo
Private
Rep
Drives: 328 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post

I also did a big order from them 5k for rims, tires and coil overs. The coil overs came quick, but because the F14's I ordered were custom, that took about 3 months to come. My issue with my sales rep was he wasn't honest about the lead time. Before I put down my money. I asked what the lead time would be, my sales rep told me a month . well 1 month turned into 2, and 2 turned into 3. I gave my money based on a 1 month turn around( they take your money and then tell you If you cancel the order you will lose half of It). I'm a firm believer in honesty is the best policy. They have been dealing with forgestar for a long time, I'm not the only one that has ordered custom rims, they should've given me the the longest turnaround time, at the beginning of my order and let me decide If I want to go through with It or not. I also had to call and leave messages to finally get status updates on the order. I was pissed but patient, the rims and tires finally came after 3 months.
Appreciate 0