E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Advan Meth tank E92

03-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #45
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Hopefully we can have another chat on Thursday when the meth goes in
Hey Paul,

sounds good mate, I will be down at Advan late arvo' so we can certainly discuss your cooling requirements in further detail then.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #46
nafoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boosted Bimmer

Maybe I'm blind. Where do the lines go in? I have the HFS-4 system and need 2 23mm holes for the meth line and level sensor. Where could I put those?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #47
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

I must have this. I am 100% in. let me know when I can have it
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #48
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Maybe I'm blind. Where do the lines go in? I have the HFS-4 system and need 2 23mm holes for the meth line and level sensor. Where could I put those?
Hey mate,

the Meth' line will be via any 1/8" NPT fitting you choose, that screws into the underside of the tank at the base of the sump.

We have not designed the tank to incorporate a low-level sensor, you could modify it to suit but I would advise against that.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #49
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I must have this. I am 100% in. let me know when I can have it
Hey mate,

done and done!

Thank you for your order, it should be shipping out within a week from Monday.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey Gents,

here are some pics of an anodised tank that was recently delivered to a US customer, by all accounts he is very impressed by the workmanship and attention to detail of our E92 tank.

The confirmed pricing on the in-boot E92 tanks is as follows:

Completed tank in raw aluminium, $675.00

Completed tank that has been powder coated black, $725.00

Completed tank that has been anodised and subsequently dyed black, $800.00

All of the above prices are inclusive of GST, but exclusive of shipping charges.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 07-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #51
Mr_PharmD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Do u have pictures of it powdercoated? Is the inside also powdercoated and will it prevent meth corrasion?

Last edited by Mr_PharmD; 07-24-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
bjf66
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PharmD View Post
Do u have pictures of it powdercoated? Is the inside also powdercoated and will it prevent meth corrasion?
+1, also I would like to know if anyone is running this with HFS-4 seamlessly

Is powdercoating or anodized better for preventing corrosion?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #53
SPJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I like it, but $$ are an issue for me..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #54
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Guys,

Whilst the quality of the tank and fittings is without doubt excellent, Methanol IS corrosive to Aluminium, especially in higher concentrations. There is a good reason why Drag Cars, Monster Trucks and for that matter even RC Cars use full plastic Fuel Cells and piping.

I'd strongly suggest you consider including a liner (as with fuel cells) to prevent direct contact between the tank and the methanol to increase longevity as well as decrease the risk of spillage in the event of the tank being breached in an accident or alike.

Alternatively, a vacuum moulded ABS tank could easily be templated off the work you have already done, this would not only be cheaper, but safer in the long run. You would still be able to retain the high quality finish, the easily concealed design and the use of an earls sealing cap

And I for one would be first in queue to buy one!
      08-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #55
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PharmD View Post
Hey mate,

at this stage all of the E92 tanks we have sold have been the anodised version.

I can show you a few pics of a powder coated E82 tank, side by side with an anodised E82 tank.

The powder coated tank is on the left, the anodised on the right and the final pic is of a tank that has been powder coated.

The powder coating is an external application, the inside of the tank is still raw aluminium with the powder coated version.

If you are concerned about Methanol induced corrosion of the aluminium, I suggest you opt for the anodised version instead.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 08-05-2012 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #56
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

Maybe

Maybe I can make a mold of this space and produce a plastic tank.

I am thinking a 2 piece tank , bottom created from plastic heated and vacuumed onto a mold , then bolt on a stainless steel thin plate with filler cap.

Need more info regarding what material I must get to heat and wrap around the mold that will be strong enough to withstand meth.

I have access to shop with all the aid I need to make something like this.

This should be able to make dirt cheap + a little profit for the maker.

And happy customers.

If everybody helps out I am willing to do my part

Quote:
Originally Posted by suff View Post
Guys,

Whilst the quality of the tank and fittings is without doubt excellent, Methanol IS corrosive to Aluminium, especially in higher concentrations. There is a good reason why Drag Cars, Monster Trucks and for that matter even RC Cars use full plastic Fuel Cells and piping.

I'd strongly suggest you consider including a liner (as with fuel cells) to prevent direct contact between the tank and the methanol to increase longevity as well as decrease the risk of spillage in the event of the tank being breached in an accident or alike.

Alternatively, a vacuum moulded ABS tank could easily be templated off the work you have already done, this would not only be cheaper, but safer in the long run. You would still be able to retain the high quality finish, the easily concealed design and the use of an earls sealing cap

And I for one would be first in queue to buy one!
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #57
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnsoldaten View Post
Maybe I can make a mold of this space and produce a plastic tank.

I am thinking a 2 piece tank , bottom created from plastic heated and vacuumed onto a mold , then bolt on a stainless steel thin plate with filler cap.

Need more info regarding what material I must get to heat and wrap around the mold that will be strong enough to withstand meth.

I have access to shop with all the aid I need to make something like this.

This should be able to make dirt cheap + a little profit for the maker.

And happy customers.

If everybody helps out I am willing to do my part
I think a plastic mold/option would be the safest and most economical option available to all tuners.

If Advan that the metal template, the plastic mold should be just as easy to replicate if you find the right plastic manufacturer.

Win/win for all parties concerned.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #58
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Also , I am thinking , is it not better to have a small low pressure pump inside meth tank that pumps meth mix to meth high pressure pump that is installed in engine bay ?

That would make a clean trunk install , 100% stealthy look.
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #59
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnsoldaten
Also , I am thinking , is it not better to have a small low pressure pump inside meth tank that pumps meth mix to meth high pressure pump that is installed in engine bay ?

That would make a clean trunk install , 100% stealthy look.
The pump needs to be installed somewhere near the tank for boot mounted solutions, so somewhere near in or near the boot. They aren't designed to pull fluid through the tubes for that distance.

Engine bay pump installs are only for WW setups.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #60
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

I dont agree on that , with slight modification on setup it should be possible to keep the high pressure pump in engine bay , at a low position with a tiny primer tank located close and above. With a small pump integrated inside tank that with low pressure fills the primer tank. Primer tank being just a small robust tank that stores a small amount of meth for feed line into the high pressure pump.

I am going this route only in regards to making a 100% stealthy look.

With this setup one have a small tank in engine bay that easily can be shielded and protected. And location of engine bay tank and pump should aid proper feed to the high pressure meth pump.

The question is , what pump to use inside main meth tank?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #61
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

why are you making this more complicated than it needs to be? a simple setup of always the most reliable. put a tank in the truck and locate the pump in the trunk also, there are plenty of places to put a pump in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #62
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Why is it so hard to understand what I am writing ?

I say I only go this way for stealth look. In my trunk there in not any place to hide the pump , not if I want to use the space in center for a tank.

And in regards to reliability , you dont have any less with this unless you use some crappy parts in the install.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #63
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
why are you making this more complicated than it needs to be? a simple setup of always the most reliable. put a tank in the truck and locate the pump in the trunk also, there are plenty of places to put a pump in the trunk.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnsoldaten View Post
Why is it so hard to understand what I am writing ?

I say I only go this way for stealth look. In my trunk there in not any place to hide the pump , not if I want to use the space in center for a tank.

And in regards to reliability , you dont have any less with this unless you use some crappy parts in the install.
You are in effect now doubling the required tanks and pumps for this, therefore 'over complicating' it.

Your setup has also not been tested for flow rates which is critical to meth setups, and adding an extra potential 'fail point' with the added pump and tank.

I would simply look for someplace under the car, or behind the rear bumper (which some forum members have found) to locate the pump, and simply protecting the pump with a custom enclosure.. Much easier, using the same concept and not reinventing the wheel... rather relocating the pump.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #64
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

If there is a point in the trunk , I would use that , I dont argue that.

But IF , this was not possible then I would go the way I stated before.

Anyhow... in my case I am most likely to end up with the pump in center and tank on LH side of trunk.

Stealth is not that important to me ... I was just trying do add some ideas ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
+1

You are in effect now doubling the required tanks and pumps for this, therefore 'over complicating' it.

Your setup has also not been tested for flow rates which is critical to meth setups, and adding an extra potential 'fail point' with the added pump and tank.

I would simply look for someplace under the car, or behind the rear bumper (which some forum members have found) to locate the pump, and simply protecting the pump with a custom enclosure.. Much easier, using the same concept and not reinventing the wheel... rather relocating the pump.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

do yourself a favour and pull the trunk lining out from each side (not that hard) you will find a lot of space in the 'walls' for a pump. if you like post a pick of your trunk and i'll point out where.
Appreciate 0