E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > what does AG priority status 4 mean?

02-21-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
what does AG priority status 4 mean?

like the title says what does it mean ...

stock controller sent me this mail

"...Your order was linked (AG priority status 4) in other words prioritized the day we specked the car for you..."

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
200Duece
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '73 2002,'18 X5 35d,'17 328d T

Priority 4 is a "stock" order. Make sure that they change your priority to 1 before it finishes production so it will get bumped to the front of the shipping lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
thank you, time to get out my boxing gloves ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
so I query this status 4 ... and this is the reply i get from the stock controller ..

"...I don’t know where your expert got his info from, but priority 4 is a sold unit & priority 6 is a stock unit. In SA 4 is the highest priority.

Your friends obviously got allocations earlier than you (maybe you placed your order the same time, but it went into our order bank that works according to the date the order was placed & as soon as we got our allocations & your OTP was next in line, your vehicle was specked & linked the same day).

Your vehicle is still IH – so no ship name yet. Will keep you updated.

Hope I’m reading your mail wrong – I’ll be quite offended if you’re trying to tell me I don’t know my job…"

pity i put down a R10 000 deposit on the car, else i would be long gone ... real attitude for querying what the status means ...:mad:

In all fairness and just being logical ... priority 1 is the highest priority ... so sorry to the dealer for asking ... bunch of a$%h*&@s, carry on as if I am doing them a favour buying a R615 000 car ...

Or am i just being difficult ??

my mail to them:

Hi xxxxx…

Anther BMW expert told me this regarding the status number you gave me …

“Priority 4 is a "stock" order. Make sure that they change your priority to 1 before it finishes production so it will get bumped to the front of the shipping lines”

When I ordered the Z4M the dealer made it priority 1 and the car landed at the dealer in 2 months! So you concerned me when you mentioned priority 4 (not even knowing these numbers it makes sense that priority 1 is the highest then 2 then 3 and finally 4)… Look right now I can’t do anything about the car because it’s going to sail … but maybe you changing it now to the highest priority will mean me getting on a ship sooner than later and from VDC to me it’s quicker …. And according to the dates you have given the car does not appear to be getting any priority … (A few of my friends E93 335i’s have already shipped on a stock order! Mine has not)

Please just confirm the meaning of your status numbers …. I will be highly p-ed off if this car was not given the highest priority seeing I requested for this upfront, it is a sold unit, finance done, and insurance also

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Well, IMHO, your email wasn't the best and most professional, but his was worse and uncalled for!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
ya the "p-ed off" ... i actually typed it exactly like that ... guess maybe that got the person worked up ... should have rather used the word annoyed ... i was lied to by the dealer before, guess thats why the frustration in my mail ... the sales person initially told me no ways could he prioritise the car, that is when i ordered it ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0