E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Most GW problem e90 / winkfp CCC

02-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
mace0
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320i 2008

Most GW problem e90 / winkfp CCC

Hi.

Long story but my MOST Gatway module stopped responding after an attempted update. I have an icom a2 + b and I've been attempting to get it working again. Problem is when I use ISTA it asks me for all of the part numbers of everything on the most loop which i can't find. I would try to get it working again in winkfp but I'm unsure how to even start.

The icom Most head is working as far as i can tell but only the green light on the system seems to light up, the MOST light flashes red once or twice and that is it. The radio/screen unit itself doesn't seem to work and I've tried the basics like disconnecting the battery and so forth.

I have an e90 with the ccc head unit (small screen, CD based maps with idrive). I read something about a CD for recovering the unit but can't seem to find a link for it on a public forum and not sure it would fix my problem. Not even sure if it's the gw (which is what ista says) or if its something on the loop. Apparently only one of them needs to stop working for them to all to stop responding. But I'm assuming the gateway is on the head units motherboard?

So my question is, any one know the exact process of recovering this using professional mode in winKFP. I have read plenty of posts explaining how to recover the CIC hard drive based module but nothing about doing it on a CCC (which uses the CC*** daten files). I am assuming there would be slight differences with the starting address and which files I need to update. Thanks for any replys, I've never had to use winkfp before so want to get it right.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 05:30 AM   #2
mace0
Australia
Rep

Thought i would upload these to clarify things a little. This is when an ISTA update went wrong, both the DME and MOST gateway are stuck in state 12. Im really interested in recovering the MOST GW so that i can attempt to update using ista again. I have read of people repairing their CIC units, but i can't find any information for my unit specifically. Its a CCC HW v7. I know this can be done in professional mode, but i am unsure of some of the settings in Winkfp, the start address is one which im not sure of and don't want to guess. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by mace0; 02-13-2018 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

It's easier for you to just use ISTA-P. Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting. ISTA-D will show you everything on the MOST Loop.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 02:46 AM   #4
mace0
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
It's easier for you to just use ISTA-P. Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting. ISTA-D will show you everything on the MOST Loop.
Hey thanks for the reply. As explained cant do it in ista p as it asks for all the part numbers on the most loop. I'm assuming that ista d won't be able to identify the components/part numbers untill the gateway is fixed? I figured I have all the info I need to do an expert mode flash in winkfp, but not sure if that is the wise idea as I've never done anything like this before.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #5
mace0
Australia
Rep

In the end I was able to fix this by finding the ZB number of the module in inpa. Then finding the closest match in winkfp. MASKG2. After flashing with that the MOST loop was working again and was able to update the other modules with Insta/p. Winkfp just had trouble finding the exact match but as i read in other posts making an educated guess (being very careful) you can find the closest match, usually off by the last digit in the daten folder.
Appreciate 0