E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > 2013 335is CPO

01-28-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
335i2009
Rep
Drives: 335i

2013 335is CPO

Hey everyone... I have a quick question on what makes a car CPO? i purchase my 335is from BH BMW but my bumper has over spray on the black part also on my headlights and the same day i purchase the car my low oil light came on:thumb down..

The car was super dirty and dusty and couldn't see the imperfections and now the dealership is ignoring my calls and sending me to voice mail. any advice?

I had the car for 7 days already.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Sorry for your trouble. Forgive the lecture but it sounds like the impulse buy bug bit you. Its tough, but you got to get a handle on that thing.

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with your car and you just learn a cheap lesson on reading the paperwork/doing homework prior to purchase. If this is your first Bimmer I think you picked an awesome one. (I have one too and this is my 5th Bimmer)

A CPO BMW is a car where the OEM mfr has:
Advertised and presented documentation labeling it as such.
This CPO comes with a written repair warranty for an additional 50,000 miles/2 years beyond the in service date. Additionally if there is any time/miles left on the original, usually 4 years 50,000 miles, this transfers over to you. They typically are 3 or less MY old and have less than 36,000 miles, although I have seen them with 49,000. In any event BMW states they bring the car back up to a certain STD and then they warranty it. They typically charge an additional $4k for this. It also includes their so called free maintenance, oil, brakes, etc. It provides peace of mind that I suspect you don't have right now for the verrrrrrrry expensive German car.

As for the car being low on oil and dirty, I suspect you know these are maintenance issues, not repair.

1. I suggest you immediately investigate to see if your state has a cooling off period/right of return on car sales. Although IIRC its 3 days for Ca. If not or you are beyond this period then you own it.

2. Then closely read all paperwork to see if you have any sort of warranty at all. If you do and you have a repair issue then you need to seek service. Be polite, show them the warranty and abide by the warranty.

3. If you have a warranty do not modify your car in this period.
4. Maintain your car to the letter of the BMW maintenance requirements and maintain proof (receipts, logbook, spec sheets on oil etc) regardless of who performs the maintenance.

All is not lost if you want to regain that peace of mind at the sacrifice of $ right now. There are aftermarket warrantees that are easily comparable to the BMW one. In fact, for many of us that don't DD the car, the time expires before the miles on that CPO warranty so think about what you need before you get it.

Hang in there, wash that thing and put some oil in it. Then INSPECT it. You should be well beyond all the HPFP/LPFP/fuel pressure sensor/software issues that bitch slapped BMW (recall)across several model lines produced from 2007-2010(1) for the N54 engine. Yes that's the same engine you and I have. I was nervous about and made sure I have I solid warrantee. Bought mine from CARMAX cause the damn things are so few if you are picky on options/colors no way BMW will find the used one you want. Incidentally I think CARMAX's warranty is a better value for money than BMW's CPO.

Good luck
Bruce
2011 E93 335is - current fav
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #3
335i2009
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thank You very much Bruce, I do have the maintenance for another year. They added oil at no charge and i do love the car just want the over spray gone.
Appreciate 0